Strobes, LEDs, Cathodes,Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puressence

In Runtime
Hey All,
I had a question about powering the "Bling" that I want to put in the system that I am planning on building. Here is a link to the thread that details what I want in my computer:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/please-help-core-i7-build-200938/

I am wondering if the power supply that was recommended would be suffient in powering LEDs, Cathodes, and strobes. Here is the link to the power suppy I am eyeing:Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

When I was initially planning my build, I hadnt planned on all the extra visual goodies, but boredom+youtube=more ideas of what I want. Now, with considering my proposed build and the possibility that I may in the future want to add extra hard drives and a possible SLI setup, should I be looking at a stronger PSU? Also, I am not electrically inclined. Would the PSU that I have selected be able to wire all of my components, plus the strobes,cathodes, and LEDs? I got the idea for the strobes from seeing this video:
YouTube - Pc Strobe light Mod

If this is the wrong location to post this, I do apologize, but it seemed the most appropriate place.

-Pure

Well I found some simple 12v strobes on ebay a while back and put them in my side marker lights on my car. Was a kinda fun project, but they weren't as bright as what I wanted.

Just out of boredom I threw one in my case and it was pretty cool, but you won't get the sync'd effects like in the video, that guy said his stuff was custom and is probably using LED's and a controller board to strobe them.

But to answer your original question, none of the lights you mentioned use a particularly larbe amount of power, you should be just fine with that power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom