stopping cs 1.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure how this turned into a thread about css vs. 1.6 but it is indeed true 1.6 is better. They made the para, autoshotty, and autosniper even cheaper, and somehow crouching with the shotgun now improves accuracy.

in 1.6? or source?

grenades weigh about 10 pounds real life right? little bit less maybe?, they're heavy though. But if your in the navy seals like in counter strike thats what class you are, i think you can throw it a football field. for the terrorists, they probobly couldnt throw it as far as they do in css

ps pie is good

powerslave12 said:
in 1.6? or source?

grenades weigh about 10 pounds real life right? little bit less maybe?, they're heavy though. But if your in the navy seals like in counter strike thats what class you are, i think you can throw it a football field. for the terrorists, they probobly couldnt throw it as far as they do in css

ps pie is good

wait...you think they can throw it a football field...a quarterback for a professional team cant throw a football a football field but a navy seal can, no. 1.6 > source

1.6 def owns source. its always nice to have some recoil in a game, instead of being able to point, click and hs while running (source). shit you cant hit the broad side of a barn while straifing in 1.6, in source you could anhilate a pop can.

dhw200 said:
The games are identical, except for gfx and physics, and some tweaks in the maps. Source is better.
...Source has new sounds, refurbished maps, models, gfx, and the new physics engine with the ragdoll system. Aside from the gameplay, what's identical?

powerslave12 said:
in 1.6? or source?

10 pounds?!? Dude, yer standard bulk-issue pineapple grenade (heavier by far than any of the grenades used in CS), weighs less than 4 pounds.

Secondly, very few of the distances found in the standard maps are as long as a football field. Considering a grenade has more the properties of a baseball than a football, you could get quite a pitch with one.

I had to learn to play Counterstrike all over again when I started playing source, and I'm still not very good. They took all of the skill out of the game, whenever I play a dust map there's ALWAYS at least one stupid player standing the tunnel spraying and managing to get headshots. Without any recoil it's as simple as aiming the crosshair in the general area of your opponent and firing. 1.6 my record is always close to 3-1, in source it's often less than 2-1.

Anyways they won't kill 1.6, even if Steam removes it from their games list you can still play it as a 3rd party mod.

Haha, that April Fools article was pretty funny. I bet some players started freaking out when they first read that

gaara said:
I had to learn to play Counterstrike all over again when I started playing source, and I'm still not very good. They took all of the skill out of the game, whenever I play a dust map there's ALWAYS at least one stupid player standing the tunnel spraying and managing to get headshots. Without any recoil it's as simple as aiming the crosshair in the general area of your opponent and firing. 1.6 my record is always close to 3-1, in source it's often less then2-1

exactly

gaara said:
I had to learn to play Counterstrike all over again when I started playing source, and I'm still not very good. They took all of the skill out of the game, whenever I play a dust map there's ALWAYS at least one stupid player standing the tunnel spraying and managing to get headshots. Without any recoil it's as simple as aiming the crosshair in the general area of your opponent and firing. 1.6 my record is always close to 3-1, in source it's often less than 2-1.
Search through the official CS:S site. There's an article in there somewhere about how a lot of people think the hitboxes have changed, but the Valve coders are saying the hitboxes are the same but the netcode is causing problems for some people.

gaara said:
Anyways they won't kill 1.6, even if Steam removes it from their games list you can still play it as a 3rd party mod.
Sure, you can run your own server, but it won't get listed on the Valve-run server lists. You may be able to use 3rd-party search apps, like GameSpy, but chances are you'll have to do like the other WON mods dropped by Valve, and know the server's IP.

Either way, I don't care what happens with either version of CS. I rarely play it. It was only fun for me when it first came out years ago, when it was so virgin it was fun to play and clean. Now it's just a mecca for a$sholes, egomaniacs, and cheats. Makes me wonder why I still have it on my comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom