Steam problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApolloIV

In Runtime
My buddies and I love to play steam games, cs:s, tf2, and dod:s and if any of you have used steam you know its a pain in the arse sometimes. Well we just installed a new video card (9800gt) and 2gb of ram that he got for christmas and we reformated because he had a virus that was causeing some weird stuff. We have all the drivers updated and he installed Steam and WoW. WoW plays fine but when he goes to play any steam game they start up but then minimize and maximize for a good 3 minutes before the game actually loads. We turned the firewalls off and crap to see if it was that but it still does it. Any idea?

Are you still using the same resolution as before? Or is there anything that is installed now (that might be present in the system tray) that wasn't installed before?

No the resolution is greater now because he also has a new 22 inch monitor. Also no their isn't anything new installed that wasnt there before. We think it might be the CA security software he has, it usually gives him problems with everything. As for the driver it is up to date. Sorry it took so long for me to responed i've been busy with the holidays and all ^_^

make sure you have the same resolutions you have set in windows as the one you have set ingame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom