Startup Problem Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamestar

Baseband Member
I have a problem with my computer when i shutdown and yes i do shutdown correctly. Some info, on my computer. It was custom built with phenonom x4 3400, 4 Gb kingston ram and 5850 ati graphics card. Since the computer was cutom built there was no windows, so i orderd windwos 7 premium on ebay and i bought the cheaper one that comes with no mircrosoft support i forogt what it was call oem or somthing. When got my windows i had a little trouble figuring out how to install it but, i then went into bios and changed the boot settings to boot from cd rom and it installed and works great. The problem is when i shutdown my computer for around and 30 min or more it wont boot back up correctly windows always wants to do a system restore. The werid thing is if shutdown, then start back instantly no problem or if i just always put my computer in sleep mode no problem aswell, also i can retstart as many times as i want without a problem eveything works fine besides when i shutdown for 30 mins or more then try to repower. Any idea what this is or how i can fix it?

hay man im not sure yours sounds a lot more like a OS problem but i will share my experience and answer for my OS boot problem.

i did a rig over hall of my pc a few months back and after i installed all the hardware software and the appropriate drivers my computer would not boot OS i properly and i had to disconnect the power the tern on and boot again i looked all over the net for answers but it ended up being i had a usb modem plugged in and the software on that usb modem had had a boot exe so my rig tried to boot that most times instead of windows so make sure you have all uncritical hardware unplugged when you try and boot and see if that helps. i also did not make the usb device as primary boot drive or anything like that so check it out. also make sure cd/dvd rom drive still isnt primary boot and you dont have win OS still in the cd/dvd drive your primary should be the hard drive with OS on it. i hope this helps

Please do not post multiple topics of the same issue. You now have 2 threads with multiple responses for the same issue. No one knows what is said in this thread compared to what is said in the other thread. It is less confusing for everyone on site if you keep ALL support to a single thread.

Topic Closed.

Other Thread is located here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom