Stargate RTS....why has no one done it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
I'm currently watching that Stargate Universe series and I was thinking.....why the **** has no company picked Stargate up as a possible RTS game?

**** has there ever been a Stargate game? I know one was scrapped and then Stargate Worlds(MMORPG) is supposedly in development, but I'm surprised as a franchise it hasn't been jumped on.

I mean it has the perfect setting for an RTS. You gate in with your small squad and your MCV(mobile con yard). Build your base, gather resources(naqahdah(Goa'uld), naqahdriah(Goa-uld/humans), trinium(humans), Neutronium(replicator/Asgard resource) , fight off your opponent to seize that world/territory.

You could have humans and Goa'uld in the first game, either following the series storyline vaguely or not, wouldn't matter tbh. You could have ground and/or space battles involved.

As expansions there's replicators(and Asuran, human form replicators), Asgard, Altantis and the Wraith, the Ori.

There's smaller races which could be AI controlled, nox, Genii, Tok.ra. **** I'm sure there's a few more I can't think of.

I don't even know why I'm typing it. A debate as too why no one has done this I suppose.

"Planetarion" was my first MMO ever. You should check it out if you like Sci-fi RTSs and general RTS games.

PA's Wiki.

Warning: Very addictive game.
Oh and there is also a speedversion of this game called speedversion. They usually go on all the time and they're reset way more often than the regular game, obviously.

blizzard has never had the best looking graphics for any of their games, this is so they can sell more copies since most people have lower end computers.

The Stargate MMORPG or w/e it is now, has been in development for a LONG time now, I remember seeing previews of it and such on the Ark of Truth DVD when it hit the stores, I think there was also mention of it somewhere in the Season 9 box set....

I agree with alot of other people though, I think a stargate rts would be a much better idea, not to mention easier to develope..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom