Why has no company combined the good of Android and iOS?

leadweight1010

Beta member
Hello,

This is my first post so please bear with me, it may have a few grammatical errors and it'ls 1:53 AM and I just got off work but this has been bothering me. The two main mobile OSes that dominate the market tend to strive off of where the other one fails. iOS and Android are opposite on the spectrum but I question why no start up has yet to create a mobile OS that combines both of them into a OS that everyone can you.

iOS is simple, it's designed to run well on Iphones and is well turned to ensure it just works without much input, it's simple, it gives those who want a smart phone without all the hassle, it's also extremely restricted, closed source, anything and everything involved with iOS is controlled by Apple and some people like to customize and make their phone unique to them. Apple regulates their app store to ensure that only high quality applications make it through and those who can't compete fall and burn if they even have a chance to rise in the first place. Apple maintains everything in their eco-system and ensures quality, well manufactured products that will hold their value and please the consumer.

Android is chaotic good, it gives you the freedom for the most part to make your phone you own, new skins, a very large library of applications to choose from, ranges from the cheapest phone possible ranging around 50 dollars to something with similar or higher quality then Apple that can go all the way up to 600 dollars. With android you sacrifice convenience for freedom but I don't know why you should have to.

Why has no startup taken the chaotic good of customization of your device and freedom to do almost anything with the strict quality management of Apple. Instead of having the OS on every single type of hardware imaginable, create hardware which interacts with the OS on a deep level, where everything is understood and it wasn't just slapped on their with a couple of quickly coded hardware drivers and send to the market.

The Iphone gives you a sense of security, the idea of stability, that your phone just will work when you want it to because it was designed to do just that and nothing else. Android gives you freedom, you compromise possibly security and comfort for the chaos that is Android.

We need a third OS, something that is designed for a small spectrum of phones, no random phone companies that simple install Android on a phone and send it out the door without a care what happens, that is simple for the normal every day user to pick up and understand. It needs to be smooth, to interact with the hardware in a way that ensures you get the most of your device, it needs to be open, the community needs to be able to see the code, fix any bugs, flaws or exploits. The app store needs to be open but secure, both volunteer user and paid workers will test applications to ensure their quality, security and prevent scams from slipping in. The normal every day user can pick it up and understand how everything works and an advanced user can tune it without issue to make it a better experience for themselves.

Maybe I'm asking to much but in a world of information why can't we just have a mobile operating system that has both a open source chaotic good feeling while still being controlled and ensuring the best quality product for the consumer.

I'd switch to a windows phone if it had more apps.

Ive got a Windows phone, but I use a iphone only because of "business needs". however I have always said and stand by it, windows phone will become the standard for businesses in the coming years.

I don't think so. In terms of business they think Android is retardedly insecure when in all reality it isn't if they made their own kernel....which is easy since it's open. Windows on the other hand you really can't do that. That's why companies used Blackberry for so long. I hear the security BS so much since I work at a government facility.

I don't think so. In terms of business they think Android is retardedly insecure when in all reality it isn't if they made their own kernel....which is easy since it's open. Windows on the other hand you really can't do that. That's why companies used Blackberry for so long. I hear the security BS so much since I work at a government facility.

Actaully WP is the most secure smartphone (least vulnerabilities) and also Windows has a range of phones with a good price range for different budgets, and they also have a single OS like iOS, so they can all be kept up-to-date even if you have a different model (of course if its in the same generation).

I can bet you WP will become the business phone for use not sure how long but it will :cool:

Actaully WP is the most secure smartphone (least vulnerabilities) and also Windows has a range of phones with a good price range for different budgets, and they also have a single OS like iOS, so they can all be kept up-to-date even if you have a different model (of course if its in the same generation).

I can bet you WP will become the business phone for use not sure how long but it will :cool:

That's why you get a Nexus device for Android :p.

Windows phone 8 being one of the most insecure mobile operating systems, I have to disagree. The only positive outlook on 10 so far has been the CEO of Kaspersky, which could be paid off for all we know. His basis of analysis isn't in terms of vulnerabilities but rather market share and the want of hackers to attack iOS and Android. That's the same backwards thinking Mac users have had with the famous "we can never get a virus" bull****.

Back
Top Bottom