Starcraft II vs other RTS games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite all this hate, it's the most fun i've have playing an RTS since command and conquer red alert/aftermath/counterstrike :S
I didn't even care for the first starcraft.
runs smooth as silk for me at 1680x1050. Notice a bit of slowdown in 8 player deathmatch but doesn't last long :S

doesn't run well at 1920x1200 though >_> oh well NBD

I guess the game must not like crossfire then because it runs fine for me.

I got the Collector's Edition, and I am loving the game. Haven't played much multiplayer, just a few games here and there. Working on the challenges. I can't seem to get the Gold on Psionic Assault. I can get the Silver easily, but can't make Gold. Oh well.

ZGodzicki (at) gmail.com
Add me if you want.

Sorry to tell you this, but WarHammer 40 000 has been around for much longer than StarCraft. WarHammer 40 000 (or WarHammer 40 000: Rogue Trader) offically came out in October 1987.

i meant as a pc games star craft came out first. and my only point beign was if your gonna play the this game took from that and so on you will clearly see that most franchise's have drawn some sort of inspiration from somewhere. you cant tell me they came up with everything originaly, being a space sci-fi im sure they pulled things from star wars star treck and even alien films.

starcraft haters ./sigh.

now, with that out of the way (please dont let it deter your reading of this little bit) I have found everyone who has actually sat down and played the game (especially single player) has loved every aspect of it.

and using the Q6600 processor, I have never noticed a framerate drop aside from stacked mineral maps with the shadows/shaders turned to ultra (Q6600 cpu, 3gb 667mhz ram, 260gtx gpu), I would conclude that blizzard has designed the game to run very well on all recent computers, and has taken their time in building an ultra-enjoyable game, one that they appear to still be focusing on refining.

also I have lost connection to battle.net a few times, and the only consequence to my gameplay has been not being able to get an achievement, nothing to QQ over there.

There are other things that factor in, if you was a Battle.net 1.0 user for 10 years, you would understand why so many people are upset and QQing over the game for.

well the only major loss in function i see is the general chat room, and loss of lan, an no you cant choose your play area upon logg in. the only major 2 issues are no lan and chat room. also you do not need an internet connection to play this like many people beleive, it has an offline mode just like steam does. people need to stop focusing on what they dont like about this game over the first and play it and see how much they will love it maybe even more then the first.

the only resemblense i see from war hammer and star craft is the marines other then that the yare bot hdiferent.

Meh almost identical to me.

We have the Terrans, their armour style is similar to Warhammer 40k(came out only a year or so before, do unsure how much they copied), as is their unusually 20-21st style units in many cases, despite their technology being very advanced in other areas. Also they seem to share the xenophobia.

Obviously the Zerg are almost exactly the same as the Tyranids. Both visually look similar, same crests on the heads of many units, many scyths as arms, similiar bodies etc. Both consume all organic matter, both have the Hive mind which controls them all.

Finally the Protoss are very similar to the Eldar. Both much more technology advanced then the other races but have a much more ancient sort of culture, respected ruins, having professes etc, superstitious. Both keep out of the way of the other younger races for the most part, only interfering when they consider the balance of the galaxy is greatly under threat. Both will ally with races at times, or destroy them. The Protoss have "the void", some sort of other dimension they gain power from, and travel through. Warhammer 40k has the warp, which the Eldar have mastered travel within and channel power from it for psychic abilities, both races are psychic.

Blizzard stated the offline modes are not working as intended, you log in once with an internet connection, and should be able to play offline for 30 days with out relogging to bnet. BUT, the issue is, the data for you logging is stored in temporary cache, when you restart the PC, and take it offline, you can't play.

One other huge issue, the custom gaming community, limited to 5 maps, a maximum combined total of 20mb, or a single map file size of 20mb to publish to battle.net, now here comes the bigger issue, you can't create a game with a custom game name. Over the years, maps have had modes that a player can select upon start of the game, making each game of that map, somewhat unique, harder, easier, and so on. Now, people would but these modes in game names, so people would find a game with modes they could play, that is no longer the case, you click on a title named Dota, you could be thrown in any game they chose with that map, it don't matter what modes there are, you don't know what you are getting into.

And last but not least, the leagues system is a total failure, 4v4RT players can easily be put against 4v4AT players, that is NOT fair, the leagues system fails ENTIRELY, people are being placed in improper leagues, and going against people that are in a lower league, but have far better skills. I think the old percentage based system was far easier on players.

Over all, all my clan members that left TFT for SC2, are all back, and hate SC2 entirely, the only ones that enjoy it, are wow freaks it appears.

your forgeting the fact that most games that have a ranked system will expand yoru search beyond your rank if no one in your rank is available to play wich is what occurs when you play people of diferent leagues in sc2 just like any other game. also i have no idea what yo uare talking about when it comes to you could join a game and it would be something else. every custom game i have joined has always been exaclty what it said it was.

Sigh, go play wc3 and play custom games and see what I mean, seriously, the map development community is ****ED about how Blizzard/Acti***** is treating the custom game community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom