Star Wars Episode 7 Due In 2015

they paid 4 billion for marvel too, i think they were already on the map. and as far as video games, marvel has had no major console or pc games since the buyout, but hey, they've had some iphone games

If they didn't make Marvel what it is I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have gone over so well with "the whole family" side of things. That's what I meant my mainstream map.

yeah i still dont agree, marvel has always been family orientated and disney really hasnt been able to do anything yet except for some cartoons on disney channel, they bought it in 2009 and no games have been out since then, they were already burning up the "mainstream map" with hit movies like spiderman and iron man and avengers was already in the works as far as movies

I'm not talking games, I'm talking moves and have been. I don't look to Disney or Lucas to release games.
When Iron Man was released I didn't hear so many people talking about how they wanted to go see it. When The Avengers was announced everybody and their brother wanted to see it. I hadn't seen it yet in mid July and I had everybody telling me to watch it. Didn't get the same thing for Iron Man when it first came out. Even though to me, both were equally good. Public response is a big deal, and I believe Disney has the power to deliver. That's my point. To further prove it.

Iron Man Box Office:
585 million

The Avengers Box Office:
1.5 Billion.

Iron Man 2 Box Office:
623 Million.

See the difference?

spiderman- $821.71 million
Spiderman 2- $783 million
spiderman 3- $890,871,626 mill
amazing spiderman-800 mill so far
earnings arent too far off from avengers, considering first spiderman was released more than 10 years ago
and disney doesnt own the movie rights for spiderman
iron man 2, thor, capt america, avengers and the other movies were already in the works when disney bought them, avengers movie was hyped up most by the popularity and the hype from the individual characters movies(and of course ads, which disney is great at), disney just raked in the dough,

all im saying is disney has done nothing yet to marvel, marvels success thus far is all marvel, the movies were already in motion, the moves disney makes as far as video games are not good for real video gamers because they dont believe its worth it to develop a full game, only social games, this hurts marvel video game fans and lucasarts video game fans

Last edited:
As you said, Disney is in charge of advertising. That is exactly my point. 1.5 BILLION is 700 more million dollars than any other movie. Amazing Spiderman was terrible and got less than 800 mil in the box office.

Disney are the Intel to the flick business. They know what they are doing and it shows quite well. I'm not saying Star Wars needs it, or that we needs more Star Wars, but if anything at all Disney will push it to a new level.

as far as movies, yes disney will make alot of money, with marel and lucas films, thats what they do, but for video games its bad for both and marvel was already a household name before they were bought, that was my point

and amazing spiderman may have been terrible(havent seen it) but 800 mill is not

I'm still not talking games. That is a different ballpark in its own. Games will sell based on what the developer does, not how much you advertise. You have a crap game it's a crap game. It'll get pirated and that's about it. Nothing any company can really do about that besides just make a good game.

Everybody that told me Spiderman 3 was terrible went to see it simply because it was Spiderman. Having a decent series setting the precedent makes a difference sometimes (for the record I never saw it). Thing is, sure Marvel is a household name, but the proof of what Disney does is literally in the dough. The amount of money made is substantially more than any of the other movies not distributed by Disney in the lineup (double most). If they don't turn Star Wars into a steaming turd then we can "probably" expect great things and a ton of money made on their part.

Like I said though, the games side of it is completely different than movies. As was mentioned before Disney doesn't dab too heavily into the game department. If anything there might be spin offs done by indie developers but I wouldn't expect a AAA Star Wars game anymore.

"the avengers" was already in the works with paramount before the buyout, marvel had to pay paramount $120 million for the rights along with a (i think) 9% cut of the earnings, im pretty sure if paramount had distributed avengers it would have made real close to the same amount of money, but thats my opinion, marvel has had a household name for a long time, same with lucasfilms and star wars( ibet we see indiana jones eventually too), for the movie fans its going to be a good thing , disney does know what its doing in the movie business

marvel has had no major console or pc games since the buyout, but hey, they've had some iphone games

DId not realised that Marvel had any major console or PC games in the first place. Srsly, Marvel Computer Games are really not that chop in my honest opinion. About the only good Marvel game that I have seen in at all as been the X-Men Legends II. Rest of them seem to be rather hacked together all by the lowest bigging gaming studio.

for the movie fans its going to be a good thing , disney does know what its doing in the movie business

Disney has been looking after Marvel. In all honesty, I think it's been the best thing for the comic book company. It's not like they have interfered with the titles. Like Wolverine is still a bad @$$.
I am sure that Disney will look after the Star Wars fanchise too.

Back
Top Bottom