Star Wars Episode 7 Due In 2015

helix2301

In Runtime
Lucasfilms has been acquired by the Walt Disney Company. Disney has acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Lucasfilm Chairman and Founder, George Lucas. Lucas shall receive a value of $4.05 billion dollars. Disney is paying approximately half of the consideration in cash and issuing approximately 40 million shares of Disney stock at the time of signing. They have purchased the entire Star Wars portfolio including it's live action film production, consumer products, animation, visual effects, and audio post production.

New Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

Let's hope this does not kill the franchise.

I loved the original trilogy, but thought that episode 2 and 3 were nothing special. #1 is definitely my favorite, I'm curious about episode 7 but doubt it will be anything special.

DTCTq.jpg

Lucasarts comes under LucasFilm, so doesn't that mean disney now have the rights to allow someone to make a Battlefront 3, or a KOTOR 3?
It's unlikely, but maybe they will want to milk the success from the films, and i actually can't wait to see if they do. If the new generation of consoles are out by then (i am fairly sure they will be) then they could make a brilliant Battlefront 3!

i dont think its a good thing for console games(or pc), with their history and whats been said recently so dont get too excited

comments chief financial officer Jay Rasulo made during the investors conference call held to answer questions about the Lucasfilm deal. When asked about LucasArts, the executive explained that it's Disney's plan to focus on social and mobile games as opposed to high-end console and PC releases

The multimedia conglomerate has nearly foregone all console and traditional PC gaming (with the exception of the upcoming Epic Mickey games for the Wii U and 3DS) for an approach that favors mobile and social title

I have heard about this through only word of mouth so far, as I generally don't pay much attention to the news. I wonder if ILM (Industrial Light & Magic) was also part of the deal. I know it was created by Lucas, and they have been doing special effects and other things for movies, which includes basically the whos who of great and classic movies since Star Wars.

Back
Top Bottom