Staples Robbed me of my time and gas :*(

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
I applied for a job at staples after finding out that they do pc repair and etc there. The job position is called "easy tech" I believe they dont as much repairs as geek squad but they do basic stuff reloads, virus removal and hard drive swaps and etc. So I applied and a week later they call me and setup a interview I went over there today, and while Im waiting Im looking around to see where the techs work at, and I dont see any spot visible. So we start the interview and she immideatly starts asking me a bunch of **** sales questions, scenarios and etc, and pretend you want to sell me a laptop, well short story short I went through the whole interview and she never asked me any type of repair questions or anything or even to see my A+ card to see if I was really certified. So I apply for a job for pc repair and get there and they want me to be sales, Im so frustrated, I have looked for pc repair jobs for 2 months almost and have come up with didly squat lol. This just makes me frustrated, well I just wanted to post this up so if anyone was looking for a job as pc repair i suggest you stay very far away from staples as you can, unless you like selling usb flash drives all day.

lol, well, they must have failed miserably when they put out the sales position ad, I imagine their "Repair" department is very small, unless they really wanted to create their own geek sqaud.

In this climate I'd be happy to get an interview. It's better to have a job that brings in money that you might not love, than no job at all.

lol, well, they must have failed miserably when they put out the sales position ad, I imagine their "Repair" department is very small, unless they really wanted to create their own geek sqaud.

I honestly believe their "repair" department is like 1 or 2 people that also do sells, and they work in the furniture department or some crap. Im currently on unemployment from my last job, but it will be ending in another month or so, so I do have income. But I really need to get a computer job for experience reasons lol, since I have just received my A+ I will feel like crap if I work at some place not using my skills, I would rather go the 3 yrs of my schooling without a job and just wait till I can actually get some relevant to my field. I know a lot of people would take any job but I cant do that lol

While they posted a title online - did they post the responsibilities? Did you ask for the job tasks required before applying?

I agree, the title is missleading but anyone who has been near a staples knows that they don't have a repair shop - or if they do it is small at best. I would do more research on the position before applying, especially since you are specifically looking for a PC repair tech position.

Have you guys tried monster or careerbuilder? When i was unemployed looking for my first IT gig i got about an interview a week to week in a half. Yes not all panned out but i got a lot of bites. YOu should also try IT specific job boards (RobertHalf, etc).

While they posted a title online - did they post the responsibilities? Did you ask for the job tasks required before applying?

I agree, the title is missleading but anyone who has been near a staples knows that they don't have a repair shop - or if they do it is small at best. I would do more research on the position before applying, especially since you are specifically looking for a PC repair tech position.

Have you guys tried monster or careerbuilder? When i was unemployed looking for my first IT gig i got about an interview a week to week in a half. Yes not all panned out but i got a lot of bites. YOu should also try IT specific job boards (RobertHalf, etc).

I have only been in a staples once prior and that was like 7 yrs ago lol, so I really had no clue. The job tasks said that you would be swapping out hard drives, getting rid of viruses and etc. It did say you will need to help out with sales when needed. Yes I like to look the company up first prior to applying to see what kind of company is it and try to look up reviews first. I have received so many **** voicemails from recruiters acting like employers it ****es me off it forces me to have to check up on companiess. Lately I have only been using dice, monster and craigslist. Which I suggest to stay away from craigs because theres only spammers on there. I will try the roberthalf once I never heard of that one as well as careerbuilder

I ran into that a lot too - having people call that were not employers but recruiters. Recruiters are fine to use, in fact a lot of companies only deal with recruiters. You just need to do your research before spending time speaking with a recruiter.

I ran into that a lot too - having people call that were not employers but recruiters. Recruiters are fine to use, in fact a lot of companies only deal with recruiters. You just need to do your research before spending time speaking with a recruiter.

recruiters to me seem like such a scam lol, I have read a lot of horrible stories. And the company thats the recruiters has to want something from you, your first born or some crap. And you have to take placement tests from I was reading like wth :*( Is that all necessary lol.

No no no, when i say recruiters i mean essentially staffing acencies. They will interview you to assess your 'quality' but it should cost nothing and no you should have to take assessment classes. They should only be making money off of the companies that hire you, you shouldn't have to pay a dime.

But i did run into places that weren't really looking to hire you, but to 'train' you by trying to get you sign up for their classes - those are crap and if they have to be shady about how they get students do not spend the breathe speaking to them.

No no no, when i say recruiters i mean essentially staffing acencies. They will interview you to assess your 'quality' but it should cost nothing and no you should have to take assessment classes. They should only be making money off of the companies that hire you, you shouldn't have to pay a dime.

But i did run into places that weren't really looking to hire you, but to 'train' you by trying to get you sign up for their classes - those are crap and if they have to be shady about how they get students do not spend the breathe speaking to them.

I see, Im going to try to just stay away from all that though lol. Theres to many scams out there and I dont feel like being bothered with it. Im just going to continue searching online and hope I find something. I would even take a **** intern, but I cant any of those either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom