SSD In the System Tray = Removable Hardware

gtr-2

Baseband Member
After switching from IDE to ACHI, the SSD is showing in the systems tray as "Safely remove hardware and eject media". Is there a way to fix this?Thanks.

mb:MSI P67-GD80 B3
cpu:Intel i5 2500k
gpu:Radeon hd 7950
psu:Corsair 750w
ssd:Intel 510 120 gig
ram Vengeance 4x2 gig

AHCI (not ACHI) naturally makes any SATA device hot swappable. So it should give you the option to safely remove it.

While this is true, it doesnt explain why it happens to him. I have AHCI turned on and 5 SATA Drives attached, not a single one shows up under Remove and Eject. I am guessing it has to do with the switch from IDE Mode to AHCI. Need to make some changes to the core of Windows in order for it to recognize the switch properly. I know there was a setup to do it for XP, never seen one for Vista or Win7 since most people just install then with AHCI on by default cause it is supported with those OS's. XP it wasnt so they had to play tricks.

Here is the guide I am talking about:

Error message when you start a Windows 7 or Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive: "STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE"
HOWTO: enable AHCI mode after installing Windows - PC Perspective Forums
Installing SATA Drivers for enabling SATA native mode after installing Windows XP « Mon Examens Techniques

While this is true, it doesnt explain why it happens to him. I have AHCI turned on and 5 SATA Drives attached, not a single one shows up under Remove and Eject. I am guessing it has to do with the switch from IDE Mode to AHCI. Need to make some changes to the core of Windows in order for it to recognize the switch properly. I know there was a setup to do it for XP, never seen one for Vista or Win7 since most people just install then with AHCI on by default cause it is supported with those OS's. XP it wasnt so they had to play tricks.

Here is the guide I am talking about:

Error message when you start a Windows 7 or Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive: "STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE"
HOWTO: enable AHCI mode after installing Windows - PC Perspective Forums
Installing SATA Drivers for enabling SATA native mode after installing Windows XP « Mon Examens Techniques

I did it when I had Vista back in the day; was pretty easy to do.

Not saying it is impossible, just never seen the guide for Vista or Win7. I have always known people to just have AHCI turned on since it was supported by default. Maybe one of the links I gave can help, but that is what needs to be done to fix the issue.

Not saying it is impossible, just never seen the guide for Vista or Win7. I have always known people to just have AHCI turned on since it was supported by default. Maybe one of the links I gave can help, but that is what needs to be done to fix the issue.

Not saying there isn't a guide or anything; just mentioning the fact that I've done it and it works, in case anybody was wondering.

I looked in the registry and couldn't find the files since it is different from Vista.

6aa55a81544315e392987c642244feb2.png

Happens to me aswell but I have had AHCI right from the beginning when i built my PC. Never bothered to sort it out as I don't see it as a problem.

MSI tech support said to disabled the sata ports, it's gone from the system tray now. Had sata 1 and sata 2 enabled before.

Back
Top Bottom