Spyware Need To Delete It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

Fully Optimized
I have a Ad-ware intsalled on my computer. Its nothing any kind of spybot will delete. Its in my Add/Remove list, but it will not let me delete it.

Can someone tell me how i would go about deleting it? Like i said no sort of Adware or Spybot will delete it, since its a Program. So it cant identify it. Thanks

It could be a number of things, do you have the latest versions of Ad-Aware SE (Ver: 1.05) and Spybot S&D (Ver: 1.3) and are they updated.
You may want to run these scans in Safe Mode, rebooting after each scan.

What is the name of the program in your Add/Remove List??

Add/Remove List

Can someone tell me a way of uninstalling programs that will NOT uninstall from the Add/Remove list? I have Windows Xp Home Edition.

Thanks

What programs are you trying to uninstall that are not shown under add/remove programs? It will probably vary on a case by case basis, but I assume you have tried using the applications specific uninstallation executable?

Those programs are in the Add/Remove list, just i cannot delete them. They are spyware programs. Dont not tell me to get adware or spybot. Since its installed as a program, it will not delete them. Adware cannot tell what program is of value or not.

First of all, yes they can. That's there main function and purpose. First, you need to disable your startup items. Then reboot. Next go to your C: drive and go to the folders you think shouldn't be there, like the ones you are trying to uninstall. Go inside the folders and delete each file one by one til they are all gone. The ones that will not let you delete them, rename the file to whatever you want. Then try to delete it. If it still won't let you delete it, reboot, then it should. Run your adaware programs til everything is gone. Empty your TIFS, cookies, and delete your prefetch folder in the Windows Folder of your C drive. If you still can't delete them, search the registry for them. Also, we can use this as an example. Wintools.exe---spyware--If you look in your task manager, you will probably see two instances running, click on one of them and click end process tree. Make sure you have the folder up so you can quickly delete it when the process has ended. If none of this works, go into SafeMode and try the suggestions again.

Codeine, I had your posts merged. PLEASE do not post the sme problem in two different forums...that makes it hard for you to get the proper help. Liz

It wouldn't hurt to co-operate a little either. As garra asked earlier
gaara said:
What programs are you trying to uninstall that are not shown under add/remove programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom