Spore Reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
I just got Spore over the weekend and I installed it last night, but I have not gotten to play it for more than 20 minutes. Does anyone here have it and if so what did you guys think of it ?

I just got Spore over the weekend and I installed it last night, but I have not gotten to play it for more than 20 minutes. Does anyone here have it and if so what did you guys think of it ?

just an FYI, Game Rankings - Video Game Reviews, Release Dates, Cheat Codes is probably the best video game metascore website there is out there ( way better then metacritic ), and metascores ( which are averages of professional reviews ) are generally a good indicator of how good a game is.

Spore got a mid 80ish metascore and the retail version has DRM, so I borrowed the game from my uncle torrence and tried it out. Best review ever in a long run on sentence: its the perfect game if you like to play dress up dolls and the editors are great, but funadamentally the game is very reptitive and VERY shallow and simple

Great game, but pretty repetitive. I actually don't think it is shallow or simple at all, it's actually one of the more complicated games out there deep into the space stage. However, it is repetitive and gets boring fairly quickly.

It all depends on the person playing it I guess. how creative you are.
Think of the game like a beefed up version of mspaint :/
I played it through twice, once as aggressive, once as friendly. After that I uninstalled and shelved it.
It's a good game, but it's just based on slow repetition. Once you get to space, there really isn't a point to the game anymore, besides starting over.
Some people can spend hours upon hours upon hours just creating creatures and buildings and stuff, so if you're like that, its great. unfortunately for me my attention span for that sort of thing is pretty low. Gamer ADD or something lol.

Game was definitely worth 2 play throughs at least though. I'm not sorry I paid for it (though I am sorry it was EA getting my money), and if a game ensures i'm not sorry i forked out almost 60$ for it it's good in my books.

hmm.. this doesnt sound like my cup of tea.. I was hoping for an age of empires/ civilization kind of game but with more creativity.
hmm.. Does wal-mart take back open PC games ?

I've managed to have them do so before.

Ask for a new copy of the game, tell them that your cd is no good. They'll give you a new one that's sealed of course. They *might* open the new box first, in which case you're screwed and have to go through the process again, maybe at another store with a different person at the return counter

but if you do manage to get it replaced with a sealed copy, after that, go back with the receipt and return it sealed for a full refund. alternatively, if you see the same guy at the returns counter, maybe bring it to another store instead, like Best Buy and say you lost your receipt and ask for a gift card instead.. even better, just go to another Wal-Mart and you can use the receipt you have for a cleaner return process

This game stunk btw, I really didn't like it, grew old really fast

well... I dont have the reciept as it was a gift. but I will take store credit.. i can buy Crysis warhead or COD4 or something.

Thansk for the info guys

yea, i think I am going to take this game back and get farcry 2 or COD4.. depending on whether i get store credit or cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom