Sp33d up Wind0ws STARTUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWAT sounds like an idiot, From what I think I heard he said "I have heard your have a quad core machine, although I would hope you have a fifth core machine...." Perhaps I heard him wrong though.

I know lol! Am I the only one who didn't know about this tweak? My load up time is faster than it already is, teh screen just flickers and windows is loaded lol! I set my cores for startup from standard set one, to eight! Hurray

I didn't watch it after I heard how much of an idiot he was and his voice annoyed me.

The basic software method to speed up your machine is to:

run msconfig and disable all unneeded programs on start up and no gui boot which in vista gives you the hidden "aurora" boot image strangely.
Then go to admin tools in the control panel and open services. Disable all unneeded services e.g. my laptop the media keys on the side I turned off and network sharing ports etc.
Go to the bios and set your primary hdd as the first boot device and turn off any extra diagnostic settings it may have on preload

The next step up is to go into regedit and start changing those commands. On my desktop I set it so that when I shut down if any program crashes or fails to close It continues to close without my confirmation to do so as that bugs me. If I select shut down I want to leave my pc then not come back an hour later and find its been idling waiting for me to select a yes close program dialogue. Then its processor tweaks etc. their are thousands of guides online.

you didn't watch the video therefore missed the startup tweak that was offered. you didn't put the number of cores to use during load in your analysis. i set my machine from 1 to 8 cores and notice the difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom