Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic $44.99 - Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boma

In Runtime
Creative Labs: Products - X-Fi, Sound Blaster, MP3 Players, Speaker Systems, Web Cameras

This deal any good? I'm looking to upgrade from my onboard sound/ SB Live! 5.1. I hear this is the same as the X-FI Xtreme Gamer 7.1.
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

Will I a notice a difference?

I'm also hoping it will cure my mic problems with STEAM (left4dead).
I have a Logitech Headset and Logitech Webcam (built in mic). I can't seem to get people to hear me well no matter how much I tune the audio settings.

THANK YOU! :)

I would go for the xtreme gamer instead...Those 2 cards are not the same...I had the xtreme music 1 first and took it back and got the gamer!!! There is a big difference if your going to use it for gaming!!

I've heard plenty say the XtremeMusic is perfectly fine for gaming (Ricanflow being one)

Ya I know its not the same card, but its still a steal for $44... Auzentech I think may have cards in that price range too

The standard XtremeGamer is the same as the XtremeMusic but uses a smaller PCB:

xfidi0.jpg

in fact, the only difference in specs is that it says the XtremeMusic can go below 10Hz frequency response, and the XtremeGamer doesn't.

Though there are better sound cards if you want to play music. My Xonar D2X has significantly better sound quality than my X-Fi XtremeMusic. It just doesn't support games as well.
Mind you, I also have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD900's. With $10 logitech headphones you probably won't notice much of a difference. The AD900's are not even in the same league.

The D2X has a richer, cleaner sound, whereas my X-Fi XtremeMusic (even with LM49720 OpAmps) comparatively sounds more muffled, and not as clean.
Without listening to each card you probably wouldn't know it though.

The X-Fi audio processor itself is very good, but it's let down by Creative's choice of capacitors, DAC's, and circuit design for the PCB.
Auzentech's X-Fi cards are a lot better in these areas, and their cards which use the X-Fi SPU are much closer to the Xonar D2X in sound quality.

If you play games with it, I'd probably suggest going with the X-Fi Forte from Auzentech:
Newegg.com - AuzenTech AZT-FORTE X-Fi Forte 7.1 Low Profile PCI Express Sound Card - Sound Cards

I would go for the xtreme gamer instead...Those 2 cards are not the same...I had the xtreme music 1 first and took it back and got the gamer!!! There is a big difference if your going to use it for gaming!!
There's two versions of the XtremeGamer that I know of. The standard one is basically the same. The Fatal1ty version has 64MB X-RAM added, and possibly a better DAC (though it still doesn't compare to the Asus Xonar cards or Auzentech cards)

man that looks like a good deal. i might grab one of these. yall think it will be better than a X-FI extreme audio?

i was talking about the Xtrememusic. i was orignally planning on getting a Xonar but for $45 the Xtrememusic looks good.

I believe the Xtreme Music is higher than just the extreme.

the

Newegg.com - AuzenTech AZT-FORTE X-Fi Forte 7.1 Low Profile PCI Express Sound Card - Sound Cards

looks very good. But I only have Logitech X-530 speakers. Will I notice anything or will the Xtreme Music suit my needs better for the price?

I listen to music and play games. And mic chat a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom