Sony Got owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok

I think PS3 is gonna take the cake on graphicly performance. But however that will not put to much edge over the 360 or Wii. The other two can compete depending on how good the designers do and how good the system coops with the game.

However, which ever takes the market by storm. We will just have to wait and see. This will only be based on opinion for now.

The winner in my book will be the one that attracts more attention by it's titles it sells.

killians45 said:
yes, and by the time the next generation to use the full amount of space arrives, it will probably be close to the next iteration of the console generation. Essentially, bluray price on the PS3 increasing prod prices does NOT equal sense. Reason, it is FAR to early for this, wait for the original to saturate the market, and for the programming and development market to design better tools in programming.

think of it this way would you want to buy the ps3 for like lets say 100 bucks cheaper now then buy the ps4 like 2 years later for the same price again? no thats why they incorperate it in now so it wont become obsolete for a while

So, your telling me that the software programming market, who already spend massive amounts of money to create a game because of the need to hire the talent behind the games, thus increasing game prices... your saying that they will, in a short period of time, take full advantage of a DVD that has around 3 or 4 times the current capacity (depending on that format of bluray media/discs come out). The actual production team for a game in todays market already looks like the production crew for a movie. It will take MANY more man hours. The way to alleviate that? Either you go ahead and keep the same staff, and just take longer to release the software and risk the possibility of having it outdated by the time it releases because the engine is outdated, you increase work hours (dont see that happening, as we already work MASSIVE hours as it is), you outsource to a 3rd party company some of the least sensative game material and make them sign a nondisclosure agreement (usually this incurs a higher price), or finally, you almost double your current staff to release games in a timely manner. Why do you think some games are rushed out the door? There is a finite window to release them in before they are outdated. Thats why you also see "such and such game was scraped", because they couldn't get it out in any amount of reasonable time and the cost of retooling would of been astronomical, but more often than not they take the people working on a cancelled project and put them on another one that has a better monetary promise. Now, withthe hiring of all these programmers, how are they going to get paid? Well, the answer is by jacking up the prices of games. More than the 360, I'll be willing to bet you that one.

Now, here is another solution to this conundrum. We now have 2 next gen consoles out there. We want to release in a good time frame. We have developed for the 360, and a port would be VERY easy, with maybe a FEW improvements, nothing that will destroy our projected budget. So, we do this. The outcome? Something that does NOT take advantage of such large storage space for the game itself, but for grins we'll add in the making of make 'em feel a little special because we dont have the man power for anything else, but essentially the game is close to what the 360 shows. THAT is why it is to soon. Wait for developer tools to be able to render and set high polygon counts with less human interaction, only THEN can you do this and keep it in an acceptable cost range.

PEOPLE LISTEN
PS3 will probably be a complete failure and Sony will go bankrupt.

Microsoft will be selling 360's like **** with the ned HD drive they will release.

Anyway we all know Sony put rubbish quality components in their consoles thats why they break down after a year.

Okay, I will follow your wise and superior comments. Thank you for posting with your facts/logic and very inteligent speculation. You have persuaded me and the "people", thank you and on behalf of everyone else in this forum -- we thank you for being a part of these forums.

asad1 said:
PEOPLE LISTEN
PS3 will probably be a complete failure and Sony will go bankrupt.

Microsoft will be selling 360's like **** with the ned HD drive they will release.

Anyway we all know Sony put rubbish quality components in their consoles thats why they break down after a year.

Can we say Microsoft fanboy?

agreed with diceman, all sony and microsoft are doing are competing for the best and powerful gaming machine ever if nintendo would like to build a gaming machine they could! but i like nintendo's way of gettin people actually playin the game instead of sitting down with a controller all day doing nothing... where on the Wii u can move about aswell which feels like your in the game.. d.w im jus saying whats right ... im not a nintendo fan boy thanks... just had to state the obvious :).. people may disagree but hey who cares!

"If we all knew it, then why are u telling us?..."

aaronkupen said:
Okay, I will follow your wise and superior comments. Thank you for posting with your facts/logic and very inteligent speculation. You have persuaded me and the "people", thank you and on behalf of everyone else in this forum -- we thank you for being a part of these forums.
ROFL This is the funniest comment I've seen all day. Thank you 4 posting it! :p :cool:

pretty good aaron ;) You know, if people are going to make comments like the above person talking about PS3... fine, just BACK IT UP with facts otherwise I will think you a oblivious idiot with the attention span of an invalid and the perception of a kumquat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom