Someone Please Help Slow Internet Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

v930

In Runtime
This is the only place that I turn for help when it comes to computer related issues as there are the best techs and members here. Heres the issue. I have a DSL 6.0 MB connection and I have DLink hub conected to the DSL modem that splits the signal to 3 computers. On 2 of the computers I run a interenet speed dest on dslreports.com and they both come back at 5.9mb d/l but on the 3rd computer it comes back at around 2.8mb d/l. Any reason as to why its slower on the 3rd pc? Are there any settings on the 3rd computer that I can adjust? Mtu, ect? Thank you in advance

Is it actually a hub? Or is it a switch, or router, or both? I'm willing to bet it's a switch/router. Also, could you give a little detail on the computers connected? The distance of cable runs, hardware, etc.

Yea its a switch/router. The computer being ran well the main one is rite next to the switch and modem, the 2nd one is abouy 15ft away and the third one about maybe 13ft away. (Messured with messuring tape) All on one floor with Cat5 ethernet cable. Well here is another thing I also just though about. I Have System Mechanic 6.0 and It has an option to optimize Internet Connection speed. MTU, WIN, and other stuff. So I did that resterted my computer and the internet ran the saeme if not a lil slower but barely. So then I decided to go ahead and go back to system mechanic and use their Restore to Original Windows Settings. So I did and restarted and thats when the internet speed became really slow. Any settings that may have been effected drastically that I can prolly adjust back?

I don't have a whole lot of experience with SM... can you give some details on the culprit computer, hardware, software, OS, etc?

its got windows xp on it. The internet was workinf extremely fast before I messed with System mechanic. I was wondering as to how I could get my old settings back to default?

I would try re-installing windows... if you can, format and do a fresh install... From the info you have given, the trouble is most definatly software related.

theres no other way? I have alot of stuff installed on here. Arent there any settings that can be adjusted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom