SMP Client dropped to Standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Okay I was just checking out my HFM.net stats and it shows my SMP Client is running only a standard a4 client and not a SMP unit?!?

It has been running SMP's with no issue this is the first I have ever seen it. Yet my log shows that my arguments clearly say SMP. :crazy:

--- Opening Log file [June 15 15:36:53 UTC]

# Windows SMP Console Edition #################################################
###############################################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 6.30

Folding@home - Main

Launch directory: F:\Unzipped\FAH6.30-win32-SMP
Executable: F:\Unzipped\FAH6.30-win32-SMP\Folding@home-Win32-x86.exe
Arguments: -smp -verbosity 9 -advmethods

[15:36:53] - Ask before connecting: No
[15:36:53] - User name: Makaveli213 (Team 12864)
[15:36:53] - User ID: 1C2DD1682869B318
[15:36:53] - Machine ID: 1
[15:36:53]
[15:36:53] Loaded queue successfully.
[15:36:53]
[15:36:53] - Autosending finished units... [June 15 15:36:53 UTC]
[15:36:53] + Processing work unit
[15:36:53] Trying to send all finished work units
[15:36:53] Work type a4 not eligible for variable processors
[15:36:53] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[15:36:53] Core required: FahCore_a4.exe
[15:36:53] - Autosend completed
[15:36:53] Core not found.
[15:36:53] - Core is not present or corrupted.
[15:36:53] - Attempting to download new core...
[15:36:53] + Downloading new core: FahCore_a4.exe
[15:36:53] Downloading core (/~pande/Win32/x86/Core_a4.fah from Stanford University)

But yet this is what I see in HFM.net:

dfx9b8.jpg

I thought a4 was an SMP unit. But it is not showing as one and it is not stressing the CPU enough to be one. My CPU hasnt hit 30% usage on any single core since it started this unit.

Could it just be F@H realized how many SMP units I have done and gave itself a break or something?

Don't know why you got the CORE_A4 for your v6.32 client, but I think it may have been done in accidental dowload and possibly corrupt.
That might not work with windows because it is meant for Mac OS X systems project 7600.
If you have not made any significant progress withit since downloading please delete the WU and let the client try for the right A4 core unit.
I've been running those lately since last thursday on v7.1 client, core i3 barely even screams while working on it and lets me do other things when needed.

The server is sometimes barfing and giving out a4 as smp units.

a4 units are new unicore and sometimes smp sized units that have qrb bonuses, like smp. I think awhile back some got miss labeled, and that may be it.

Yeah I think it was one of those units Paton. That thing would have taken me almost a month to complete. It took 5 days to just get 20% done. I didnt want to but I had to kill the client, delete the work log and the core and finally got back to folding SMP units again.

I was having issues with my GPU client as well. Turns out my GFX Drivers were acting up. I removed them, installed new ones fresh and I havent seen any ill effects since.

Side note. Got my electric and gas bill from last month. $66 for the month with my PC folding, laptop on, fans running constantly (No AC) and everything else. Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom