EUE Limit Exceeded

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 of them fold fine... Folding on them as we speak. GPU's 1 and 3 are the one's that work. It's the second one that has problems.

The q6600 is beasting it at 3.15ghz... currently getting 6.7k ppd out of it

edit: oh, and my cards are guys, so when you call them "her" it hurts their feelings.

^what do you call things when they fail then? Well its the card then....unless you have not tested that in the system with only one other card.

I'll try it in my rig i guess... And what I'll also try is flashing them to lower core/mem speeds... cause really only shaders matter. maybe that'll help...
shrug.gif

Took out all but 1 card, the 9800gt, and it did one WU just fine. After that it EUE'd... Looks like I get to RMA my motherboard. Yay. And newegg doesn't have them in stock... even better...

Well, I'm going to put all 3 back in and see how GPU Grid does. If they work fine on there, that's where they are staying...

Oh my freaking goodness it works... Someone at ff.org suggested switching to WinXP 32 bit, and all has been good so far. Folded 5 or 6 WU's overnight and still folding as I type this.

I'll be throwing in the other cards later today.

WinXP doesn't need dummy plugs right?

My question is why wouldnt you run xp if you had it. Its said everywhere xp is the choice for folding, especially for multicards.

And no xp doesn't need plugs.

Enjoy your new powerbill.

Now that you have 2 extra gs's donate them to the donator rig.

Cause I didn't know that... and thanks for the encouragement?

1 of my cards is still erroring out. I'm thinking it might be heat related (Even though it stays <80C). And sometimes it'll fail a unit and be sent back the same one... is that normal?

I think I'm going to go ahead and buy some coolers (was planning on anyways), and some little ramsinks to toss of the hot spots of the cards. Maybe that'll help...

Any recommendations on coolers? I can't afford too expensive, currently I'm looking at these:
Newegg.com - ZALMAN FS-V7 2 Ball VGA Cooler - VGA Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom