Smith hits out against rappers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20050628/111996702000.html

"Black radio, they won't play me though," he raps in one song. "Guess they think that Will ain't hard enough. Maybe I should just have a shootout ... just ignorant, attacking, acting rough. I mean then, will I be black enough?"

haha.. Funny :).. But true! Some of these "artists" are ridiculous.. All they do is make noise and sing about some nonsence re: guns, drugs, rape, mothers, etc.. Sick bastards.. :rolleyes:..

I'm into a lot of underground hip-hop, and would say that the mainstream hip-hop scene is definitely polluted with a lot of garbage. I'm not really a fan of Will Smith but I agree that radio stations need to start being more open minded, in all genres of music. A lot of great music isn't played simply because it doesn't fit into a specific formula.

most of todays 'rap' if you can even call it that is overprayed morons bragging about crap they don't deserve....OLDER rap had a message in some aspects, not always, but there was either a story about REAL LIFE or an actual message there....like Tupacs song in regards to women and about respecting them and things like that...that's a positive message right there....but nooo todays CRAP is just

IM A GANGSTA....I GOT THE RICHES AND THE BlTCHES AND I DRIVE ON MY DUB TWENTY-FO's YOU CANT TOUCH ME!! YEAH!!

ooooh how innovative....50 cent comes to mind the most in those scenarios...the guy shoulda died when he got shot so I wouldn't have to listen to his garbage and an entire race of morons following after him

srry for the rant :p

Nubius hit it on the head for me. I have no idea why fiddy is popular, his raps suck! All he talks about is getting laid or getting back at the guys who shot him...I can't stand his stuff. Gangsta never did it for me, the violence in the lerics is too much for me. Also I hate to hear about how they are gunna rape my mamma and my sista and bus' a cap in mah ass...

Cage K said:
I'm into a lot of underground hip-hop, and would say that the mainstream hip-hop scene is definitely polluted with a lot of garbage. I'm not really a fan of Will Smith but I agree that radio stations need to start being more open minded, in all genres of music. A lot of great music isn't played simply because it doesn't fit into a specific formula.
It's not so much the radio stations themselves, it's really Clear Channel, as they have a very specific play list that they will allow the DJs to play. They will only play what is guarenteed to be listened to by a decent amount of people. Just like most games publishers don't want to take financial risks by selling new and innovative games, music publishers and Clear Channel Radio don't want to risk doing new and innovative music. That's why a lot of the rap you hear today is just the same old stuff over and over again. Not that it's all bad, I listen to a lot of it, but the underground scene is much more inventive and diverse than what you hear on the airwaves.

jorsoft03 is basicly right in what he's saying, for the mainstream listener you dont decide what is going to be popular.

I remeber the days when 50 cent was underground and got no respect, he made wanksta and became popular.

Yeah, Clear Channel is definitely a major problem. Last year the MC Sage Francis from Providence named his tour "The **** Clear Channel Tour". I'm not a huge fan of his, but I thought that was pretty funny.

I hate Cleat Channel. I don't usually even listen to them anymore. I either play cd's or listen to the one independent radio station that I get around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom