Skyrim: Elder Scrolls 5 coming 11/11/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
LikeButton.gif

I'M SO TOTALLY PSYCHED!!! Crysis 2, DA2 and now this game are my top three most wanted for this year. With Elder Scrolls topping the list by far

Yeah i know. I modded the game loads.. i wasted 100+ hours of my life away on playing that game with mods. It was a blast. But of all the guard mods i tried, none were perfect.

With a release date of November 2011, it unlikely to be out this year. I would expect a delay until end of January mid February. It's common practice for games to delayed these days. Especially when they are announced 1 year ahead of release date, that's a lot of time for something in its development to go **** up. I can't be sure, but i think Oblivion was delayed. However i don't think Bethesda are too bad in general, i dont remember FO3 or FO:NV getting delayed, but then i may be wrong. An advantage we have is they will really want the game to be out for the holiday season. And with a brand new engine, i'm pretty sure it's been in development for at least 2 years. So they may have had enough time to do everything properly and won't need any last minute delays like a particular racing game i know and love..
The guard mod I have works really well actually. I would not have played the game more than once if it wasn't for this mod.

And this game has been in development since Oblivion was released. For them to give a hard release date like this means they will 95% likely to be on time with it.

How do you know its been in development since oblivion ? And even if it has, with Fo3 and New Vegas being released since then, it's unlikely it has been a full-time development since then. But i hope they did.

It'd be awesome if they have had 100+ people working on the game for 4 years.

Elder Scrolls is like their kid and at Quakecon they hinted towards Skyrim saying they are getting ready to reveal something they have worked on since the release of Oblivion. So yea, I'd say they have had a team working on this the whole time. Only took them almost half a year to finally reveal what they hinted towards at Quakecon.

Elder Scrolls is Bethesda's baby and always has been. And with every release the series grabs an even bigger audience. A month after Fallout released, fans were screaming for a new ES. IGN, 1UP and others have all put Skyrim as the #1 anticipated game in 2011 because most people would agree. Bethesda knows that so I don't have any doubts they've been using as much of their workforce as possible on this since Oblivion.

I guess you're both right. I'm just a pessimist :p

I reckon it will be a long time 'till we see any gameplay videos or ingame screenies.

I sure hope that they started working on Skyrim at the release of Oblivion, although I'd bet that they started working on it after the release of Shivering Isles. Even if they started working on it in 2007 that would mean that they'd have about four and a half years to work on it which is more than enough time to make an amazing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom