size matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenNcheese

In Runtime
i just thought it funny that people spend so much money on getting a new computer just to make everything look real nice and crisp on their oversized 21" monitors when they could save money and just buy a good ol 15" like me. i have a frend who recently upgraded and bought a 19" always complains that he needs to run at hi-res so cant jack up AA etc. i hapily run on 800x600 or even 640x480 which looks reasonable still on my 15" and i can turn up some of the other things. just a thought.

15 inch monitor eh, well to each his own I guess. There are barely ant 15 inch lcds and all of the ones I saw sucked in terms of response time and contrast ratio. Plus I like being able to do 1280x1024 in games that I can, it looks so sharp and nice. I can run in 800x600 and it still looks great, getting a 15 inch monitor doesnt really make sense.

I've got a videoseven 17" LCD monitor and I play most games on 1024x768 and they look great. The only thing with mine is that it's got a 12ms response time and when playing FPS it blurs slightly when you strafe left and right. I can live with that until I can afford another one with a better response time, I think there down as low 4ms now.

i meant for low-mid gaming machines. if u have top end gear u can get as big a screen as u want cos u can handle it.

17" is the most popular size for a monitor, as well as my personal preference. IMO, anything over 19" is too large unless your computer is your media center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom