Should Apple pull out of the computer market in 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inferior hardware? Hardly...
by that comment, i meant that you can buy a windows based laptop, with better hardware, for cheaper....for the most part.

and that they are INFERIOR sounds like fanboy talk to me.
lol, the fact that i have used macs, and disliked them quite alot, kinda does make me a fanboy to windows, im not denying that lol. But if macs oput of the blue started to get way better, i would start using them probably lol....like i have said on numerous occasions, i am a fanboy of what is best....and in this case, i like windows better, because i think it is better.

lol, the fact that i have used macs, and disliked them quite alot, kinda does make me a fanboy to windows, im not denying that lol. But if macs out of the blue started to get way better, i would start using them probably lol....like i have said on numerous occasions, i am a fanboy of what is best....and in this case, i like windows better, because i think it is better.

What kind of mac(s) did/have you tried? And what was it about them that you disliked so much?

Higher end macs are technically 'better' hardware wise than their windows counterparts, even if they are more expensive. In fact, the price difference between a Macbook Pro and an equivalent Windows laptop is very minimal.

I'd never buy a Mac to game on, or do anything other than work on really. But to work on, they're great. And to have to upkeep, they're also great. Which is REALLY good for the average user who doesn't want to bother with drivers, upgrading hardware, etc.

At the end of the day I still like my PC better. It's fast and runs well, I LIKE upgrading, and it's very customisable. That doesn't mean I don't think Macs work well though. The price is steep, but how well they work is just..nice sometimes.

nehuz, my 2 cents lol

/rant

To me, most of the extra money you pay goes into the quality and design. What other laptop out there is aluminum, .95" thick, 17" LED glass screen, hybrid graphics, wifi, bluetooth, etc? ;)

What kind of mac(s) did/have you tried? And what was it about them that you disliked so much?

Higher end macs are technically 'better' hardware wise than their windows counterparts, even if they are more expensive. In fact, the price difference between a Macbook Pro and an equivalent Windows laptop is very minimal.

I'd never buy a Mac to game on, or do anything other than work on really. But to work on, they're great. And to have to upkeep, they're also great. Which is REALLY good for the average user who doesn't want to bother with drivers, upgrading hardware, etc.

At the end of the day I still like my PC better. It's fast and runs well, I LIKE upgrading, and it's very customisable. That doesn't mean I don't think Macs work well though. The price is steep, but how well they work is just..nice sometimes.

nehuz, my 2 cents lol

i am actually not sure about the model, it was a macbook though....i have used a few different desktop ones as well. They overall seemed laggy, and the macbooks sometimes randomly crashed. Things just seemed to take longer to do on them then it would on a windows based equivalent.

i have not checked prices on mac's in quite a while, but the last time i checked, even the highest end mac's were more expensive, for lower end hardware, then a windows a based desktop or laptop....feel free to prove me wrong, cause i would like to know....and dont really feel like checking myself lol.

For a desktop computer I prefer to build my own and use windows, if I'm going to get a laptop I would rather get a MacBook. Sure they are more expensive but you get what you pay for. A $1000 MacBook may not have the same hardware as a $1000 windows based one but the laptop is built better, and it will probably run faster because of how well Apple can optimize OS X.

If I'm working on computers for a job I would rather work on Apple products because their are not 1000 different types of ways the things are built. Apple also provides detailed service manuals for every product. They also have target disk mode which is awesome for troubleshooting/installing OS's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom