Sharing 2 Computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie.Lynn

Beta member
Hi, hi.

I have a question. Over the weekend, I just bought a new computer, a router and everything else I needed to get it up and running. Well, I still have an old computer that works perfectly, so we hooked the router up to both so they could both be online at the same time. I want to share computers, I guess is what you call it? - I want to be able to download something from my old computer, and just copy it to the new computer, without having to put it on CD or anything. Um .. Understand what I am saying? I only want the two in my house to be able to access each other, and not anyone else being able to get in. How can I do this? =)

Jamie

Enable File sharing on all folders with data you wish to share.

But, I don't know how you would do it if you mean like windows 98 Old..

XP Old, Lolers
Yea, just goto the properties of the folders you want to share and enable sharing over a network in the securities/sharing tab.

You may need to run the network setup wizard on both. Make sure you use the same workgroup name on each too.

if u just want the 2 computers 2 connect and dont want anyone in on the network to make sure of it set up ur ip addresses somnthing like 192.168.0.1 - 255.255.255.252
192.168.0.2 - 255.255.255.252
that will ensure only 2 computers can be on the network but those addresses are private and i think non-routable but u get the idea ( bit ****ed at the moment so i hope it makes sense)

sorry didnt read the question right :( if you wanna download something and then just be able 2 send it to the other pc with soring it on removable media make sure that both pc's are in the same workgroup. the double click on my computer and share the folders(or hard drives ) you want to share and tick "alow users to modify my files" then when u have dont that on both pc's click on tools/map network drive. trhen navigate to the pc u want then click finish. and thats pretty much it . i hope u know what im talking about and what i just typed is readable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom