server 2008 display driver issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
well due to a catastrophic mother board driver failure i am stuck with using win xp home(instead of pro) so i decided to give server 2008 a try since you can download it and keep it for up to 240 days. well i downloaded and installed it and when i went to install drivers for my video card they installed fine but when it reboots it just goes to a black screen. was this because i didn't install mobo drivers first? so any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello,

Did you use the Vista based drivers? If not that is where you went wrong. But installing the mobo drivers shouldn't have had this kind of effect. But it could have as well. Depends on the mobo and how the slots interact. I know when i have installed Server i have installed GFX first and it has not had this conflict.

Cheers,
Mak

yep they were GeForce Release 175
and i started fresh with a new install of server 08 (installing it now). so when it boots up i will load the mobo drivers then the gfx then sound thats how i've done it in xp so i'm thinking that i need to install mobo drivers first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom