Sennheiser HD800 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 ? Owch. If you want a drastic change, get some Grado SR-125. They have like an opposite sound signature to sennheiser :)

Sennheisers are for bassy, slow, and classical music.
Grado are for Rock, Punk, Metal, anything with punch and fast pace. Whilst they don't have as much bass as sennheisers, it's quicker more toned and greater impact.

edit:

Here are some Sennheiser HD600's compared to SR125 (all senns have similar sound signature)

Products - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears[0]=573&graphID[1]=363&graphID[2]=&graphID[3]=&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Compare+Headphones

Notice the rather large peak around 10khz on the SR125 ? Some find it peirceing, but when i had to SR225's (altho they are less bright than the 125, but still considered bright) i didn't find them peircing at all. But that 10khz peak makes rock music awesome.

edit:

Okay, the link just takes you too the graph. But take a look at sr215 v hd600

Grados just don't look comfortable enough to me...maybe I'll try them out sometime though. They are supposed to have great synergy with my SS Millet amp

they are pretty comfy, especially with the soft mod.

30mins in hot soapy water makes the grado's earpads very very soft and comfy. As long as you don't have massive ears there fine (mine are quite large and i found them comfy still)

They're alot lighter than sennheisers, you don't feel much pressure.

Well I certainly am looking for some punchier, tighter bass. My senns really improved with new earpads but I still find they don't have the right kind of bass. I primarily listen to trance, but also classic rock and some 90s stuff...can't stand the newish whiney emo rock

Hmm the 225's are more bassy than other grado's, but even then i couldn't say whether i preferred it to sennheisers bass. Although it is punchier, they could do with just a bit more may be.

Im not sure which headphones have good bass that's also punchy, certainly not AKG, i think Denon's are probably just bassy like Senns. Maybe audio technicas have a tighter bass response ? or Beyerdynamics.

I'll have to go to head-fi and get some opinions.

Hehe. I was ignorant then :D but the M40fs will still be just as uncomfy, and surely they will sound boxed in ? the d40fs only have increased bass.

They do look interesting... not quite sure why they've gone for the crazy space-ship looks, but there we are.

I'll be sticking with my D2K's for a while yet. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom