See Cyber Attacks Around the Globe in Real Time - Kaspersky.com

This is REALLY cool!! (and you're right, the grid view is a nicer way to view it IMHO).

Kharn's link works for me using Chrome.

I'm assuming the Kaspersky map is only showing reports from clients that have Kaspersky installed / reporting this back to the main servers?

Yeah, if you click the about detection types link in the lower left of the window, it will show a description of the threat and what Kaspersky software is used to detect it.

I also found this quote

“The types of threats displayed include malicious objects detected during on-access and on-demand scans, email and Web antivirus detections, as well as objects identified by vulnerability and intrusion detection sub-systems,” the Moscow-based Internet security solutions firm said here in a press release on Friday.

it is interesting to see most of the activity occurs in Europe. I wonder how their population compares to usa. more or less people.

Our population is far more dense (legacy of history), and depending on where you are you tend to keep computers longer than the US, there is also a depressingly large number of less than reputable hosting companys in some parts of the EU, but they are slowly getting shut down or bought out by some of the bigger companies.

Also it doesn't help that parts of Russia are included in the calculations for the EU.

Yeah, if you click the about detection types link in the lower left of the window, it will show a description of the threat and what Kaspersky software is used to detect it.

I also found this quote

“The types of threats displayed include malicious objects detected during on-access and on-demand scans, email and Web antivirus detections, as well as objects identified by vulnerability and intrusion detection sub-systems,” the Moscow-based Internet security solutions firm said here in a press release on Friday.

it is interesting to see most of the activity occurs in Europe. I wonder how their population compares to usa. more or less people.

Thanks for the link interesting map kasperkey has.
New Virus Detection Monitor | Virus & Malware Research from ESET Live Gridâ„¢

You should compare them side to side with kharnels link.
Both seem nearly accurate, I checked africa reign and to the west of it.
No wonder I see many aimbots, hackers and other crazy coots infecting other people more recently.

Back
Top Bottom