School....sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, when I was typing the post, I didn't intend to sound like I would ever quit my schooling. I would never quit school because it got hard (it better be hard if you plan on learning something).

Mahaloooos

Your post didn't come across that way to me. It does get hard and tedious, especially when school is all you ever seem to do. It does pay off later, though.

School is fun IMO, particularly the easy classes, like I'm not trying now, and I pretty much got Straight A's (except for Advanced Placement World History [Those classes that add 10points to your average at the end of the semester]) but I still got an 89 with the 10 points :D

I didn't really enjoy any of my classes, including the computer oriented ones. It's just something I knew I had to stick with ... and in my mind it just came down to money. I'd like to make some decent money with a proper education and I don't want to turn into like most people in my family who have no education.

i wouldn't mind it if i were taking fun classes, basically i'm taking all the boring classes this year to get them out of the way so i can take whatever i want next year which ought to be nice. i'm just kinda ticked off cause there are all of like 9 computer classes, and all are programming/web design classes that i have no interest in taking...

i wouldn't mind it if i were taking fun classes, basically i'm taking all the boring classes this year to get them out of the way so i can take whatever i want next year which ought to be nice. i'm just kinda ticked off cause there are all of like 9 computer classes, and all are programming/web design classes that i have no interest in taking...

Well get ready for college, if you go into something computer oriented the first two years will most likely not focus on computers. In my case, I'm being bombarded with calculus, physics, liberal arts classes, and some crappy stuff that New York law requires.

School rox... I get so bored after the first week and a half of summer.... Then i spend the rest of the time looking forward to highschool...

I'm gonna miss it when i graduate next year, i really am...

I mean i still say stuff like "I ****ING HATE SPANISH CLASS OMG ITS SO GAY"

but really on the inside i like it, think about it! I go to school for a few hours, talk to some friends, listen to some ******** from teachers and do a little bit of work, eat some lunch, talk to friends AND THEN HOURS AND HOURS OF FREE TIME!

No expenses required!

My stress is self made and i know it ;)

Well get ready for college, if you go into something computer oriented the first two years will most likely not focus on computers. In my case, I'm being bombarded with calculus, physics, liberal arts classes, and some crappy stuff that New York law requires.

actually one of the college's that i'm looking into going to has you taking 2 computer courses the first semester and only has like 6-8 random courses over the entire 4 years. also where are you going to school, what for, and what other colleges did you look at if any?

actually one of the college's that i'm looking into going to has you taking 2 computer courses the first semester and only has like 6-8 random courses over the entire 4 years. also where are you going to school, what for, and what other colleges did you look at if any?

I go to the Rochester Institute of Technology, and yeah I did end up taking a computer science course my first term. Other than that, that was it. The past term I took CS2 and another course called freshman seminar that goes with my Computer Engineering curriculum.

Going for straight computer science or software engineering will give you more computer oriented classes, but since I'm in the engineering field they require much more Math and Science.

The school you are looking at, I'd make sure that it's a reputable school for whatever major you are going into because even if it's a full bachelor's program it might not hold as much weight if it's from a school that doesn't focus on that major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom