School....sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main thing I miss about high school was when me and my friends would go into the computer classroom during first lunch while it was empty and play Tribes and Unreal Tournament over the LAN, so much fun.

Wow...you guys are f'n grouchy...

Thing of it is, I do work, buy my own food, pay my own bills, and pay my own rent so please don't assume I am some puss little rich kid whining about how "bad" I have it while blowing my parents money. I was just trying to relate to other students if they were having a tough semester too.

Jeez...I didn't post to get lectured by some old timers...

i might be joining the military, and be a foot soldier or some sort of tehcnician i wana have a good resume, for when i get a job, im takign an aprentice ship with a cook at work to get a cooking degree then il have the military on my resume and what ever education theyl pay for and ontop of that il have what i wana learn, with the money ive made from the military, then il be done with school and have a very very apealing resume and makes lots of money!!!

Foot soldier? You mean Infantry? Its funny how so many people dont make it....at the reception battalion you get wash-outs right away,they act "suicidal" so they can get out. Military pay is pretty crappy, unless you get deployed and are of higher rank. E-1's make very little, ill be getting my E-4 soon.

If you plan on joining, make sure you can run 2 miles in around 15 minutes, and you can do at least 50 proper situps and pushups in 2 minutes as well.

If not, you will be in much pain...well you will regardless, the drill sergeants are like physical trainers, theyre big but fit and can go forever.

Drewster said:

Thing of it is, I do work, buy my own food, pay my own bills, and pay my own rent so please don't assume I am some puss little rich kid whining about how "bad" I have it while blowing my parents money. I was just trying to relate to other students if they were having a tough semester too.

Not really grouchy. We've just been there.

A lot of kids, and I use that term on purpose, go on and on about not being able to wait to get out of school because they will have it made. They're wearing rose-colored glasses and are blind to the facts of life... unless they plan on graduating and then freeloading off of Mom and Dad.

It's rough now, but stick it out, man. You already have the momentum going, so keep it going. Going back later is hard to do.

I am so severely burnt out from school right now... Sooo over it at the moment that it's not even funny. So much stress and headaches, but what'ya gonna do?

Anyone else in Uni and just counting down the days of this semester?

School + Being poor + being stressed + no free time makes Drewser a dull boy...

Dude, wait to you get out of school and find a full time job or career. Just wait until all the bills start rolling in...

Then i'd love to hear about how much it that sucks... school is easy compared to life out of school.

Dude, wait to you get out of school and find a full time job or career. Just wait until all the bills start rolling in...

Then i'd love to hear about how much it that sucks... school is easy compared to life out of school.

??

Anyways, my college days are gone now. I miss some aspects of college for sure, but I am quite happy where I am now. It helps when you get a job/career that you went to school for and actually enjoy it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom