Scan Networks with a broken wireless card?

glarry08

Solid State Member
My xbox recently stopped connecting to wifi, and before I have it fixed I wanted to make sure the wireless card wasn't the problem. If the wireless card was broken, the xbox wouldn't be able to scan for networks, right? My wifi still appears as joinable and if I put my hotspot on, that appears too, it's just connecting to the networks that's the problem.

It's probably not the the Wifi if it's able to see networks, but that's not definite. Try setting up a hotspot on your phone and seeing if it can connect to that?

I thought of that and it also wouldn't connect, the next morning the wifi was working fine but last night it started doing it again. Literally no clue what the problem is

If it can scan but not connect there's most likely an issue with the transmit or receive side allowing it to see networks but not make a solid enough connection for communication. Since it's an Xbox I would just have it replace. If you have the ability I would hard wire it to make sure the Xbox is able to connect to your network period. If it does, the wifi is faulty.

Back
Top Bottom