SB Live! 24bit - Windows 7 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattsums

Beta member
so i guess heres the rundown. specifics dont matter much for somethings, nice system, fairly new, completely custom everything whatever. sound card is Creative Soundblaster Live! 24 bit and i have 5.1 logitech surround sound speakers... so i bought a new hard drive today, installed a buddies copy of Windows 7, everythings going smooth, everything installing correctly, graphics card drivers, everything. Sound... sound is just not right overall. so when ANY noise occurs, whether youtube, or itunes, or backround noises, whatever it plays ONLY out of front two speakers and my subwoofer... so i mess with EVERYTHING you could imagine, rearranging and blah blah and locating and downloading drivers (which i couldnt find correct drivers that worked right after like 3 hours) still to no avail. yet when i play a game, such as counter strike source, the surround sound works beautifully. then back to desktop, or pretty much ANYTHING that isnt a game, it goes back to just front to speakers..

thats basically where i am now, and just frustrated more than anything because i want surround sound for my music and such. obviously also because i want a fully functioning system lol

thanks anyone and everyone who can assist me. i appreciate it more than you can stand. a year and a half in the making of this comp and its the FIRST time ive been able to run it, want it to be everything it can be :)

THANKS SOOOO MUCH!

Moved to Windows. This is not a hardware issue.

So do you have the correct drivers? If so:

Star>Control Panel>Sound

Click on the speakers and click Configure. There you will see the option to setup 5.1 sound.

There are no drivers for the 24bit live as far as I know. I did some searching when the RC came out and just gave up. I have the Danial K's for my Audigy but couldn't be bothered to acquire the pack for the 24bit Live I just pulled it and went with the onboard for that work station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom