Save Flash Games on your hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I have to admit that I like to play flash games from time to time and enjoy some tremendously. It happens that websites that offer flash games are not available at the time that you want to play the game which is why I would like to explain how you can easily save flash games on your hard drive to play them without an Internet connection.
Visit a website that displays a flash game on its website. Right-click a free area of that page and select View Page Source from the right-click menu. You could alternatively click on View > Page Source in Firefox. Internet Explorer uses right-click and select View Source while Opera users right-click and select Source.
Search that source for a url that ends with the swf file extension (search for the term .swf). This is the location of the flash game on the server. Copy that address and paste it into the browser window again. The flash game should load just fine. Go to File > Save Page As in Firefox and the flash game should be saved on your hard drive.
Drop the file into your favorite browser to play the game. To make it easier you could assign a software to swf files which would have the result that you only need to double-click the flash games to start them. To do that right-click the file and select properties from the menu.
Now click on the change button and select your main browser as the program to open swf files with. I have created a small video that explains the whole process.

Save Flash Games on your hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom