Safe file sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Bearshare... It does come with save.exe attatched w/ 1 ( and only 1) popup. after you start bearshare, go into task manager and stop the save.exe and you are fine.

If you don't want a P2P, use newsgroups.

bradybnmci said:
I use Bearshare... It does come with save.exe attatched w/ 1 ( and only 1) popup. after you start bearshare, go into task manager and stop the save.exe and you are fine.

If you don't want a P2P, use newsgroups.

how do you use newgroups?

I also use Bearshare. It is very efficient and all my songs work. My firewall stops all the adware, and my virus detector detects any virus's immediately.

EricB said:
how do you use newgroups?

Your ISP will provide newsgroups within its servers.
You will need an app called Grabit.
My News groups are through Cox Communications.
ex: news.west.cox.net

Its a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL way to get ANTHING you can dream of.
And your ISP will NEVER give up your information. therefore you will never get introuble for "pirating".

You should contact your ISP to find out what the hostname of your local news server or NNTP server is. You have to fill in that information into configuration wizard or the preferences screen when you already installed and started the program before.

You can download grabit @ shemes.com

bradybnmci said:
You should contact your ISP to find out what the hostname of your local news server or NNTP server is. You have to fill in that information into configuration wizard or the preferences screen when you already installed and started the program before.

You can download grabit @ shemes.com

Thanks. I installed that already. I will call RR

I'm learning it. I got a lot to learn

My server is news-server.columbus.rr.com

I help a few people out. how do I help my self (like finding something for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom