S.t.a.l.k.e.r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me to, Im loving it so far... lol speaking of HL2 whirlwind... They accually put Gordan Freeman in the game, He's in a tunnle in Wild Territory (Next to the BAR), And its accually him because you pick up his pda and Read about Black Mesa, City 17 and gordan selling his crowbar for food lol..

LOL.....I can't wait to talk to him.

What folder are screenshots saved too....i took some with F12....but cant find them....print screen does not seem to work?

For the fact that STALKER was in development for years and years and years, I am not liking it.

Well....after playing it over the weekend I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. Nubius is right about the movement, and as I said the shooting physics are all wacked. I actually started the game over cuz I was not getting the point :D Another thing I don't like is the lack of tutorials or data telling you how to play. With a game this vast you can't just jump in and get it right. Anyway...just my opinion thus far.

I really don't like the way the weapons fire. Maybe I just need to get used to it or something, but it was too hard to hit stuff. I felt like I was playing MOHPA again...where it was like you were shooting blanks (aiming at heads and not hitting anything). That would be my only complaint thus far.

The ballistics are actually most realistic of any FPS I have played so far. You have to also look at the ratings of the weapon you are firing. The weapons you get at the beginning are not going to be as lethal or accurate as the better weapons you get later on.

I think in terms of ballistics and weaponry Stalker is like HL2 (smart man's FPS) to Doom 3 (dumb man's FPS).

Also Whirlwind is right gravity does effect weapons fire. I think the rain does too as does your skill level. It could be just the better weapons but the more experienced I got (look at rankings and stats in PDA) I felt like I was able to fire my weapons more accurately.

it has lame movement. The way the bullets hit the enemies is like someone was saying above me...you can't even tell if you are actually hitting them half the time then they suddenly fall over.

I'll give it some more gameplay but I haven't been impressed thus far.

You can't tell if you hit them?

Well if you manage to get a headshot they will die instantly unless they are wearing head protection like the guys wearing the exoskeleton armors but even then a couple headshots will take them out.

Usually if you hit a human enemy lets say in the chest they will pause and grab it almost. 1-2 second pause to recollect themselves. I could always tell when I hit an enemy especially if I was firing with a scope unless if it is very dark outside then it is hard to see anything in a distance.

I think in terms of ballistics and weaponry Stalker is like HL2 (smart man's FPS) to Doom 3 (dumb man's FPS).

I still haven't decided if i'm gonna get this game or not...
HL2 is smart man;s FPS?? gee.. HL2 only has toy guns..
to me, the most realistic guns in FPS = Rainbow six: raven shield
(in terms of accuracy and realistic recoil action and weapon selections)
If the stalker is anything as realistic as RVS guns, I'd go for it.
But if it's anything less than HL2 (or BF2), no thx.
I like FPS + RPG element, IF the FPS part is good enough.
So pls let me know how this game compares to real FPS games.
and Nubius, tell me exactly why you don't like this game.
the movement is sluggish? or feels like auto-aim all the way??
pls tell me the detail. thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom