routers and windows xp x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavishingRocket

In Runtime
anyone know of routers that will work with x64 edition of windows xp? I currently have a netgear router and i've tried everything to get it to work, but I simply cant connect to the internet thru it. Netgear website says none of their products work with x64 edition. Anyone know of a possible work around?

It shouldn't matter... the Router has nothing to do with the computer's OS. I think what they are saying is that perhaps they don't offer x64 DRIVERS for thier NIC cards/wireless cards.

When your computer is connected to the router, are you able to get to the router's configuration page? Type in the router's IP address in the address bar. The manual for the router will list the default IP address. From their website, netgear uses either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.

What kind of internet connect is it? Cable or DSL?
Do you have other computers on the network that CAN access the internet?

Its a cable connection. Primary computer has vista and xp x64, other comp has just xp pro. When i boot into vista, both computers will have network/internet connection, but when i boot to xp x64....i no longer have a connection, but the xp pro comp still will have a connection tho.

When you boot into Windows x64, open a command prompt.... START > RUN > type 'CMD' hit enter.

From here, type ipconfig, and let me know what the results of it are.

My hypothesis is that you either don't have a correct 64 bit driver for your NIC, or it isn't the correct 64 bit driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom