Router to extender

Status
Not open for further replies.

orbstra

Solid State Member
Hello all,

it is rediculously important that someone find a solution to this ASAP! I have a Linksys befw11s4 linksys 802.11b router, and I am not using it. On the otherside of the house is a new 802.11g router I am using. Is there anyway I can have the befw11s4 receive the wireless signal from the 802.11g router and plug my computer into the back of the B router. I know this sounds confusing but I really need this help.

THANKS ALL!!!!!

Make a point to point bridge, use the befws11s4 to connect to the 802.11g router. Make sure the 802.11g supports .11b and .11g bridge mode.

There you can use your .11b router as an accesspoint, however your chokepoint will be between the two because the wireless signal will only operate at 11Mbps.

i think i love you dude, thanks for the advice man but can you explain a little more how to do it.. thnx again man tho ur a lifesaver

That would actually depend on what version and firmware you have. I've read that earlier version and firmwares don't support point to point bridging between two wireless access point with the befw11s4 router.

I'm not even sure if this router can do point to point bridging but I might be wrong since there are numerous version of the this router and the firmware might depict if it has this feature.

Check under the router for a sticker that would indicate the version, check the router's web configuration for the firmware version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom