RMA goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new card was shipped UPS today. :D

Start of by Flashing it with the HD 2900XT BIOS, then start benching it vs your HD 3850, its probably going to be a little better, however it'll be loud and be a power hog and probably be a little weaker than the HD 3850 when you turn AA/AF on.

Try selling it to eBay, get some extra funds :)

I dunno... 512 > 256. I'll wait and see. One of the two will be going, I do know that. but I don't do eBay. I'll sell it here or to someone in my clann.

Sure you cant keep both??

Or you could always sell both and get a much stronger card like an 8800gt, which
folds much faster as well.

Heard rumors that the 8800's may start acting like the 8600 have been. Besides, I would be without a comp if I sold both, and that ain't happening.

Ive been running my first 8800GT since december, no issues.

The other two have been running just fine as well 24/7.

I dont think many desktop 8800s are affected, its mainly those mobile chips.

And if you buy an XFX or EVGA one, you get lifetime warranty.

Heard rumors that the 8800's may start acting like the 8600 have been. Besides, I would be without a comp if I sold both, and that ain't happening.

You never know dude, you could nab a cheap $85 8800gt from SLi Zone or something, and get all that physics power and whatnot

an 8800gt isnt that much stronger than the 2900...i went from a flashed pro to an 8800gt. if you flash it, its a great card. but as you know already, it is HOT and it wants A LOT of power. i couldnt overclock it too much with my psu...it jst wouldnt give it enough juice.
i'd sell it if possible. but try it out and see how you like it. its a monstrous card :)

An 8800GT oc'd to 700 core, 1800 shader and 950 mem will trump the 2900, and
do it using less power too. Not to mention the physx support and the 5x folding power.

And theyre cheap!!!

2900 is a good card, we all know that. But when you start looking at heat and power
consumption....yeah it loses out there.

indeed it is a better card. but if trotter gets it free and doesnt have to hassle with selling it, it may make up that difference. i dunno. i'd sell it. but then, i can sell ice to eskimos on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom