RMA goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trotter, if i were you i would keep the 3850 instead.

It runs cooler, and you can fold on it but the 2900 doesnt have folding capabilities.

3850 uses less power too, and i think it will serve you better in the long run.

Or, since you have an sli board you can install the 3850 in the second slot and set it to fold all the time, and use the 2900 for gaming.

I'll think about that, Ricanflow.

It all depends on if I can get the original cooler for the 3850.

I could live without Folding if need be, and our office stays pretty warm as is, much less if I add another space heater to the mix. ;)

Can always send it to me. I could use a better GFX card. :p

I'll think about that, Ricanflow.

It all depends on if I can get the original cooler for the 3850.

I could live without Folding if need be, and our office stays pretty warm as is, much less if I add another space heater to the mix. ;)

Ok, i apologize. I dont know what i was thinking but i forgot the hd2900 can fold.

I must have been thinking x1950.....

But yeah you could actually fold on both cards if you wanted, and make loads of heat :).

Are you sure? I know you can CF the 38xx's with the 48xx's. I'm pretty sure you can do it with the 29xx's too. Maybe it was just the 2900XT/X...

My board is SLI, anyway. It's old school, s939, back when Crossfire was junk. I went with it because of the chipset, not SLI.

Like Ricanflow said, I could run them together with one Folding and the other for graphics, but I don't think I could handle the thermal output. 520W should handle them, though, if I went with it.

I still think people worry to much about temperatures, when they make the chip they dip processors that are complete and finished in cyanide, and a boiling cleaning treatment for an hour thats at over 160degrees celcius. Yet there fine...

You havent ran a dual gpu system have you yet oreo?

Things get very hot, but with decent airflow in the case there shouldnt
be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom