Resetting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yha... all shares have been done. It IS a weird problem.

1 thing i never said was that when both computers are on the same workgroup, I cannot even access the workgroup. But if i change say the laptop group......... I can with no problems.... put the desktop on that group...... NOTHING.

I use to run Zone Alarm before i got my router. After the router, it doesn't start/run but its still installed. Could it still be causing issues,though it didn't before.

**** IT.... should have just bought a Linksys instead of the DLink to begin with.

Well... last night, I put 2 of my PC's into the same workgroup.... (have been meaning to do it for a while, just haven't. It first, I couldn't see both computers, no matter which one I tried.... Changed workgroups multiple times....

Problem was that I forgot my Shuttle has an Nvidia hardware firewall built into the motherboard.... after turning it off, everything is peachy. I would have to say that zonealarm is LIKELY the root of the problem, try uninstalling it.

And you seem to be right.......... Uninstalled ZoneAlarm and it worrks no. Seems like even not running it was causing issues.

Wow... whata mess this has been for something so stupid.

Glad that worked out for you.

I am still trying to figure out how to use my Nvidia firewall... You would THINK that there would be a way to at LEAST set a username / password for remote connection to the PC... so far, it is only working if it is off... oh well.. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom