Remote Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
Was wondering what you guys use to remote support your clients (or friends if you don't do support for money). I realize there is a certain amount of troubleshooting you do over the phone, and if you are in the area you probably go over to their house / office. But when you have a client (or grandfather) who is in another state and is having an issue with their computer, what remote desktop utility do you guys use? (obviously this is assuming they are able to connnect to the Internet)

I've personally used LogMeIn for a while now, and while it has fit my needs up to this point I really need to get a better utility that allows someone to just install a small utility on their computer w/o having to log onto anything or having a tech come to their house to install the utility. I realize LogMeIn has a product for this, but I want to see what else is on the market.

Any input would be appreciated.

Moved to Network support as the majority of these topics are here.

Many people use things like UltraVNC for this purpose. Or something like GoToMyPC.com as well.

Cheers,
Mak

You can setup a small executable with UltraVNC that you can send to somebody, and allow them to connect to you via that little program. All you'd have to do is give them the program after you've set it up, and tell them to run it when you need them to so you can control their computer.

for basic day to day use an for cheep end clients I use windows remote desktop.

for basic day to day use an for cheep end clients I use windows remote desktop.
Have you ever run into any issues?

I've heard of some port issues with certain clients, and having to actually try and walk a client through how to allow a connection through certain ports. I want to use windows remote desktop because it is free, and most people woudl have it - i've just heard of people having configuration issues.

How many issues have you had in comparison to how many PC's you've supported (not your own :))?

It's not free, but I like RADMIN (Remote Administrator.) I also use webex (also not free) when we do not already have an existing relationship where RADMIN is installed.

Crossloop is free, uses VNC and doesnt require any port configs as far as I'm aware of. Never had an issue with it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom