Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, What I want to do is be able to access different file other thing from my computer? I tried to get into my girlfriend router but it wont let me in it. I type the default username and password but it doesnt work. I asked her dad if he changed it but he didnt. How do I fix that?

Try a HARD RESET or the router what one has she got?

I would also say that a remote desktop isn't ideal for file sharing, a virtual network would be better as it allows for two way file sharing. The remote desktop is more for end user support an remote administration of windows computers.

you will have to do it a hard reset on it.
or try:
i think for linksys the username is blank and the password is "admin"
or, if it is newer, both username and password will be "admin"
EDIT* came in late on that one...

Normaly you remove all power from the router an press the reset button on it but not knowing what one she has i can't say for sure, but honestly mate a Virtual Network is probably going to be better for you in the long run, easer to set up any how.

How do I setup a Virtual Network?

Normaly you remove all power from the router an press the reset button on it but not knowing what one she has i can't say for sure, but honestly mate a Virtual Network is probably going to be better for you in the long run, easer to set up any how.

Idealy yes, your not going to be be able to play a game over that connection though the screen takes a few seconds to update.

I highly agree, playing games over Remote Desktop would be painful...

I hope you guys can help him, I have no idea what you mean by Virtual Networks so I will let someone pick that up. (Yes that is right, I am being human and admitting I have no knowledge of this particle issue)

Good luck with your issue there CoolIce348

All you will need to do is download this on your desktop an her computer an follow the instructions on screen just make sure file sharing it turned on on both computers.

once you have it set up with her computer she will be able to swap files with you an you with her, she needs to be on the same virtual network as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom