Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I typed 192.168.2.1 into the address bar but nothing comes up. I have typed the Default gateway address in the address bar before and it worked but I doesnt seem to work now. It just says page unavabile.

By the way I was smart enough to change my password on my router.

tertiaris wanted me to type port 3380 but I need a number like 1-whatever?

Dont send him to those sites, if hes asking for help at this point those psycho-babble help documents wont do him much good other than to make his head spin.

Erm sorry but who are you? I posted a link to a document from microsoft that will take him fully through the process of setting up a remote desktop connection. All the steps in order, very easy to follow for any one with the slightest understanding of how a GUI works.

Keep your opinions on what is worth while using as a reference to yourself if you haven't taken the time to review the link in question.

I typed 192.168.2.1 into the address bar but nothing comes up. I have typed the Default gateway address in the address bar before and it worked but I doesnt seem to work now. It just says page unavabile.

By the way I was smart enough to change my password on my router.

tertiaris wanted me to type port 3380 but I need a number like 1-whatever?

3389, not 3380, no wonder its not working, you need to read what I wrote very carefully and try again.

Erm sorry but who are you? I posted a link to a document from microsoft that will take him fully through the process of seting up a remote desktop connection. All the steps in order, very easy to follow for any one with the slightest undertanding of how a GUI works.

Keep your opnions on what is woth while using as a referance to yourself if you havent taken the time to review the link in question.

That is great, first lets try using spell check, it makes you sound so much more convincing, Firefox even has it built in, I am a real stickler for that.

Now since he is trying to connect to remote desktop from another location outside of his LAN in his house, he is going to need to open a port on the firewall, so I am focusing on what should be the first thing you do, which is opening the firewall and then we worry about whether or not he turned on remote desktop, as for testing it, well he and his girlfriend can work that out.

Ok I spoofed up on the spelling thank you for pointing it out, 2nd of all don't multi post there is a edit button for a reason. I am a real stickler for following the rules and it just so happens that i also enforce them an when reviewing your 21 posts most of them come off as border line flaming or just really immature & arrogant please follow them or infractions will be handed out.

You have forgot to mention that if he is behind a router he should add the computers IP to the DMZ, remote desktop is mostly used on LAN's IF he is behind a router he will have to add his desktop to the DMZ to be able to access it from out side.

Ok I spoofed up on the spelling thank you for pointing it out, 2nd of all don't multi post there is a edit button for a reason. I am a real stickler for following the rules and it just so happens that i also enforce them an when reviewing your 21 posts most of them come off as border line flaming or just really immature & arrogant please follow them or infractions will be handed out.

You have forgot to mention that if he is behind a router he should add the computers IP to the DMZ, remote desktop is mostly used on LAN's IF he is behind a router he will have to add his desktop to the DMZ to be able to access it from out side.

Oh arent you sweet, reviewing my posts?
As for DMZ, that will leave him with only the Windows Firewall to protect him, I never recommend relying on that, he should keep the hardware firewall in place and just forward the ports he needs, if were going to give advice lets give it with safety in mind, or are we going to disagree?

I am not alone in reviewing your posts, if you notice myself an all the other mod's have visited your profile.

Yes he will still need to port forward but adding his desktop to a DMZ is still essential, also I do give advice with safety in mind I would always recommend people to run there own firewall on there system an not the bog standard Microsoft Firewall.

tertiaris: Once and once only mate, you need to stop. You're digging a hole for yourself rather deep and no one's amused. Move on with your life, surely there are more important things going on than this thread.

Let's get this thread back on topic then.

I am not alone in reviewing your posts, if you notice myself an all the other mod's have visited your profile.

Yes he will still need to port forward but adding his desktop to a DMZ is still essential, also I do give advice with safety in mind I would always recommend people to run there own firewall on there system an not the bog standard Microsoft Firewall.

Please do share with me why DMZ is essential?

And yes I do know you have all visited, I fail to feel threatened you'll need to do better than that and 25 (those 20 were overzealous as usual) infraction points, I have been in this game too long to be duped by you people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom