Remote Desktop XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello. Im running Windows XP Pro SP3 on one of the machine's on my house. It wont let me connect internally nor externally to the remote computer via Remote Desktop. I have 3 computers set up to run remote Desktop. Downstiars 1 Remote Desktop port is 3389, My Desktop's Remote Desktop Port is 3390 and Downstairs 2 is 3391. Both Downstairs 1 and My Desktop work for remote desktop, but the other one doesnt. I allowed the Program & Port to run for 3391, but nothing works. I also made sure I forwarded ports to my internal IP address but still no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Just use the default port for all of them you should only change the ports when you need to connect to multiple pc's though rdp from the outside.

I connect either entering my ip address xx.xx.xxx.xx:3191 or using my DynDNS Hostname. I am connecting to multiple of them from the outside network, so that's why they are set up. The error message I am getting is just saying I cannot connect to the remote computer.

Did you change the default listening port in the registry?

can you connect to it on your local network via its lan ip?

Yes I do. I even turned it off to connect to it, and it still didnt work.. My Virus software isnt blocking anything either. I have to get a different product key although for the computer because for some reason, it says its not genuine. So Im not sure if that affects it or not?

You have it working on one so I see no reason it shouldn't work on the other. I don't think the genuine message should effect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom