Reinstalled Windows 7 (64bit), now no PATA drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
Reinstalled, just to format the drive completely. All went well, formatted the SATA drive fine. PATA was recognized by Windows Setup. Installed Windows 7, and computer wasn't wanting to boot. Reset BIOS, everything went smooth after that, and I fixed my boot problem. Booted into Windows, setup my usual crap. Went to update my drivers that I had saved on my PATA drive. My drive wasn't recognized by Windows, so I went into the disk management to mount the drive. Wasn't there. I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of, short of a reinstall. Any ideas?

Update : Got the drive to be recognized. Now it's in RAW format, so downloaded a trial version of a few programs, to TRY and recover all my photos. My girl is not going to be happy with me if I don't get it situated. :dead:

Is the drive recognised in the POST?

Yeah, it's recognized, and now it's mounted. However, it's now in RAW state. I rebooted, and Windows did CheckDisk, and said the Master File Table was messed up, and couldn't be recovered. Is there any suggestions for a program that can repair/recover it?

Format the drive and then use a data recovery program to get your stuff back (there's plenty of free ones around). It's what I had to do when one of my drives crashed.

The drive is about to die. SMART is reporting it as bad, does it also report on MFT? It doesn't really surprise me that the drive is about to die, if it is, 'cause it's a 7 year old drive, that's been put through **** and back. :D

Bad luck there, better hurry and grab that data! Unfortunately recovery only works if the drive crashes in certain ways, some crashes are 'permanent' (unless of course you've got a $10,000 machine that reads each individual physical platter separately lol)

This, out of all the expensive programs, was the only thing that could attempt to recover! THANK YOU! I got all my pictures recovered, and even some of my software (Windows 7 RC ISO's)

Bad luck there, better hurry and grab that data! Unfortunately recovery only works if the drive crashes in certain ways, some crashes are 'permanent' (unless of course you've got a $10,000 machine that reads each individual physical platter separately lol)

Yeah, I was about to contact a drive recover place in Stamford. Luckily, the Recuva program worked wonders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom