Reformatting C:/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murky

Beta member
Ok, i am reformatting and i know how and all. Make start-up disk, reformat, but then in case it doesnt recognize the cd drive i will need some system tool to make it recognize it. I was advised to try finding a download for MaxBlast from www.maxtor.com but i cant find one that fits on a floppy disk, then i found out it wasnt even what i am looking for. So if anyone knows what and/or where to get what i need please help. The application i need is in case the computer doesnt recognize the windows instal disk in the cd drive, (doesnt recognize the cd drive) i need some application to make it do so. Not sure what its called, or anything else, but i hope someone does. Thanks in advance for all help.

-Murky-
:beard:

just a question,....if youre reformatting c: how would you install the software to recognize the cd if the OS is not up yet? is this a clean install or an upgrade? or i just misunderstood your question?

If the CD rom is a standard ATAPI drive, it should be fine loading mscdex.exe and some generic drivers. That should work well enough to get you up and running again. If you don't know how to write your own autoexec.bat and config.sys files, then it would definately be a good idea to get the boot download that microbell mentioned.

Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom