refillable ink cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.
My printer's chip didn't want refilled ink, so it gave out. [That's what some mechanic said]

I completely advise against it. The way the manufacturer of the cartridge and the way the manufacturer of the refill kit filter the ink is different. It is far too thin when you refill, and at some point the cartridge will just shoot all of it's ink all over the paper you are printing. It is also crappy.

Refilling ink cartridges for Canon i900D

My problem lies in the printer, a Canon i900D & its print head. I have refilled both Canon Cartridges as well as G & G ink cartridges w/o a problem after learning how (many trial & errors). I printed perhaps 50 letter size photos one after another using these refilled ink cartridges. All of a sudden the Photo Magneta quit printing. After cleaning & deep cleaning & running a nozzle check all was OK once more. It might print 5 more prints or it might only print an inch & would quit again. I let it sit unplugged for 24 hours, repeated the cleaning & nozzle check & it printed a bit & then quit again. I called Canon & they chastized me for using any other than Canon supplied Ink which I simply cannot afford considering all of the old family photographs I have. None the less they sent me another print head, gratis, under warranty. I installed it & once again printed some 50 letter size prints one after another noticing this time that ink cartridges ran dry w/o any notice from the printer that they were getting low. The Photo Magenta quit printing once again but after cleaning etc printed the nozzle check OK. I have gone no further. If I have to use Canon ink I'm out of printing my old photos as I cannot afford it. I find it most unusual that nobody can supply ink cartridges at a price poor folks can afford. Has anybody found a solution to this problem?????

"If I had a dime for every time my refillable ink cartridges didn't work, I don't know how rich I'd be. But they don't work that well for me."
I just do what the manufacturer of your printer says: refill bad. buy more good.

Canon has sent me a new printhead gratis. I installed it & so far it is doing great! Since then I've had no problems refilling cartridges as I've learned how not to (it took a while) & I've discarded an original Canon cartridge that just refused to work after refilling. So far all of the G & G cartridges have done well after several refills with ink purchased from Sam's Club. I suppose I've printed 275 letter size prints using Kodak Ultima Picture Paper as well as RoyalBrites Professional Plus Photo Paper. These are heavy paper & are purchased from Sam's Club & that size photos are GREAT. Try them & you'll never go back to the 4" X 6" again as you just can't really see anything in that small print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom