refillable ink cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcvulcan

Beta member
can anyone attest to the quality of refilling your own ink cartridges at a savings versus the cost of a new or reinked one? if so any recommendations on quality conmpanies who sell these? is it worth the trouble to refill your own?

thanks

i stopped filling up my own ink cartridges a while ago
if u have time to keep filling them up then u should go with them
they run out pretty fast but it is actually cheaper than buying non refillable kinds u just need to refill like 6 times to match 1 non refillable cartridge but u save like 5 or more dollars per cartridge so eventually itll save u a bunch

I've tried filling cartridges ... TWICE....
for what ever reason... the first time IT WORKED... it was not as smooth as it was supposed to be... but it worked.

the Next time... it ALL went down hill very fast. what a mess!!!!
after wasting much time fixing/cleaning it up.. .... not worth it.

I bet you can buy a NEW printer, with B/W and color for the same price as buying refills... well, unless you have an expensive printer...

good luck

~Everyone

NEVER BUY RE-FILLABLE INK CARTRIGES!

1st: If you screw up re-filling it, your gonna need a new shirt and rug.

2nd: Hold barely ANY ink, the ink itself becomes costy.

3rd: Too much of a hassle to keep keeping control of your ink.

Normal cartriges are easy to use, cheap, and you only need to replace them about once a month ONLY if you use them like 5 pages EVERY day. Get normal cartriges.

Yes, too much trouble. I experimented filling up my HP deskjet cartridge, which is probably one of the more accomodating cartridges to try to refill. The results were unreliable and a lot of trouble. More ink went down the sink than was printed.

My recommendation - order some refurbished cartridges off the internet. They are more reliable than refilling them yourself. However, they're still refurbished by a third party, so they're not the best cartridges in the world, but if you use them constantly, it's a possibility to explore. Just search Google for refurbished ink cartridges.

Over all, I find myself purchasing a new ink jet printer when I run out of ink. I saw the price of the consumables for my HP 3550, and I figured that I might as well get myself another newer printer instead.

As for my laser, I perfer to get the genuine toner as appose to 3rd party. 2nd party toner can stuff up your printer.

You should go check out {SNIP} They have great selections of low price compatible ink cartridges.

This site is NOT a free advertising tool. Read the rules. -QW

I have refilled my cartidges until they could not print anymore (worn out).

I haven't tried to refill the ones on my new printer/scanner/copier yet. But it is telling me that the black ink is low, so I'll soon be checking it out.

It's not hard if you do it right, follow directions, and take precations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom