Red Alert 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
as far as being the biggest game in history as far as sales go, i could care less.

If the game is really good, I'd play the smallest game in history as far as sales go.

The more hype about something there is, the more people ***** and whine about it when it gets here.

in RA3's case, it's just because it actually looks terrible.

SC2 will probably rock. Looks great too. 10+ years in devellopment is making me darned impatient. By the time the game is released i'm not going to care about it anymore lol

I just want everyone to know, if they don't know already, mark my words, Starcraft 2 will without a DOUBT be the biggest RTS game in history in terms of scale and sales. 10 years+ in development, making it the longest developed game of all time ( that actually IS going to come out ), and Blizzard themselves stated the game has no maximum budget ( their loaded with money anyways ). Yes...completely unrelated...but Im a big big starcraft fan and just had to blurt this out...

Starcraft may be over 10 years old but when then they actually start working on a sequel???
It would need to of been in production longer than Prey (which is the longest in production game that I know of). Prey's development started in 1995 and wasn't released until 2006.

Gabb Blizzard really doesn't care about SC2 right now. They keep postponing it for only the hundredth time and now they're claiming it won't be released until Diablo III is ready for production. I really want it to come out too but I'm not holding my breath. At least RA3 has a release date and that's what I like to see when getting excited for a game.

I really hope for all of C&C's sake that you're completely wrong when the game finally comes out Aku. If it really is that bad then they are ruining one of the greatest pioneers of RTS games. Fricken EA. Where's Westwood when you need them? Oh right bought by EA...

I don't know. I played the last beta before release and it was terrible lol. by that point the game was nearly done, minus some polish.
The only decent thing about it, was the online matchup system was OK.
EA doesn't care about the history of any game series they buy out. They just want more money. It's the same with any company, they're all out for money, otherwise there'd be no point for them to make game, but EA's the worst :/

**** I hope im wrong too...

but unless they trashed the version I played a couple weeks ago, and made a whole new one since then, then I doubt it :/

ya red alert 3 was bad, i beta tested it, and it lagged so bad, and im on an 8800gts 512mb, the gfx wherent that great so there was no excuse for it. there usign the exact same voice models as red alert2. they didnt even bother recording new ones. fun things to be hopefull for.

Starcraft may be over 10 years old but when then they actually start working on a sequel???
It would need to of been in production longer than Prey (which is the longest in production game that I know of). Prey's development started in 1995 and wasn't released until 2006.

Theres a reason why Starcraft is 10 years old and SC 2 has been in production for 10 years, they started working on SC 2 after brood wars ( they stated in a FAQ although admitted full scale production didn't take effect until 2003, but that still means 10 years *technically* in development ). The production team is only 40 people btw...:p

Gabb Blizzard really doesn't care about SC2 right now. They keep postponing it for only the hundredth time and now they're claiming it won't be released until Diablo III is ready for production. I really want it to come out too but I'm not holding my breath. At least RA3 has a release date and that's what I like to see when getting excited for a game.

I really hope for all of C&C's sake that you're completely wrong when the game finally comes out Aku. If it really is that bad then they are ruining one of the greatest pioneers of RTS games. Fricken EA. Where's Westwood when you need them? Oh right bought by EA...

Are you kidding? they don't care about SC 2? You do realize it sold way more then diablo 3, the SC 2 production team is only 40 people, and not only America but an ENTIRE country is awaiting this game ( see which country you think is waiting for it more then the US :p ). RA3 has a release date cause its obviously rushed ( EA need I say more? ). Westwood used to be great and i was the biggest fan of their C&C series...but their time is over...and that started once EA bought them out.

Are you kidding? they don't care about SC 2? You do realize it sold way more then diablo 3, the SC 2 production team is only 40 people, and not only America but an ENTIRE country is awaiting this game ( see which country you think is waiting for it more then the US :p ).

No I'm not kidding. My college works very closely with 5 development companies: Mozilla, Novell, Microsoft, Epic and last but not least... Blizzard. I'm in my fourth year of my game development degree so I correspond with Blizzard developers and work on small projects they are working on. They are devoting 90% of their workforce to developing Diablo III currently. SC2 has seen little to no development for the past 2 months.

As for the Koreans waiting for this game it really doesn't matter. Don't make smart comments like the one you made until you know who you are talking to. Blizzard does not see it as the opportunity you think it is. It's up to you whether or not you choose to believe it.

No I'm not kidding. My college works very closely with 5 development companies: Mozilla, Novell, Microsoft, Epic and last but not least... Blizzard. I'm in my fourth year of my game development degree so I correspond with Blizzard developers and work on small projects they are working on. They are devoting 90% of their workforce to developing Diablo III currently. SC2 has seen little to no development for the past 2 months.

As for the Koreans waiting for this game it really doesn't matter. Don't make smart comments like the one you made until you know who you are talking to. Blizzard does not see it as the opportunity you think it is. It's up to you whether or not you choose to believe it.

Sorry but I don't believe your "sources", it simply doesn't make sense that Blizzards small development team of 40 people ( they stated this more then once in a FAQ ) isn't working on Starcraft 2 when the original Starcraft sold a whopping 10 million and was critically acclaimed for being the best RTS game of all time and is still regularly played today and in competitions etc etc, and instead their devoting all their attention to a game that sold 4 million, less then half as much. All of the blizzard developers total way more then 40, so their keeping the Starcraft 2 team small like they said, this doesn't mean it isn't seeing progress, in fact they said 1/3rd of the campaign was finished in June, you seem like the one less informed. All companies, even Blizzard, strongest incentive is sales, and Starcraft 2 will surely garnish them far more sales so they wouldn't allow anything to delay the release except to refine the game ( most companies won't even do that cough EA cough ).

Blizzard is so set from WoW that the sales from SC2 and D3 don't even matter anymore. **** they can re-vamp battle.net, provide new servers and a better system, and not even bother charging the ridiculous amount of people that will be playing both starcraft and diablo 3. They aren't as hard up for cash as you're making them seem. Yes they wan't money, every company does, but they aren't going to rush a game out just to make it. Why do you think it's taken them so long to release anything. "devellop it untill it's done".

The fact is that both games are on the list of best selling PC games ever. heck blizzard has 3 of the top 10.
Dosn't mean that blizzard isn't devoting more of its resources into the production of D3, and it also doesn't mean that they don't care about SC2 anymore. It's probably just not their main priority.
Relax. and that figure of 10 million sales (9.5 actually) also includes the sales of brood wars, the expantion pack :/

Besides, being in devellopment for umpteen years isn't even the best thing. The longer they've actually been develloping a game, the older the tech used to make and run it is going to be. It's a good thing most of SC2's time was just people sitting around a table talking, otherwise itd be using 10yo engines and desing concepts XD It's all good since it didn't even start production till later but meh.

It'll come out when it comes out, and that probably won't be for a while yet :/ like it or not, even if they have a whole "40 people" working on it, there's no big push to actually release it. It. Doesn't. Matter. as much as you think it does.

At this point in the game blizz could sit back and drink margaritas and laugh at all the companies trying to imitate wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom