Red Alert 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baez

Admin / Dev
Staff member
Who's getting it?

So glad they stuck with the awesome RA2 formula. Looks like this game is going to be awesome!

I played the beta and wanted to cut myself it was so bad.

There's a good chance a lot has been improved since then, because if not, it's a failure as a new generation command and conquer game, even if the campaign story is good. By the looks and gameplay feel of it, they're still using the RA2 engine as well... :/

I hope it ends up that the beta was way out of whack and the game is awesome. i've been playign C&C for about half my life now (kinda funny lol) and I love it to death. beta made me want to cry.

So Akubane is it still like RA2 or is it very different? I've heard its very different.

It uses the sage engine ( what C&C Generals and C&C 3 used ) so yes its an old and outdated engine. EA honestly is the worst publisher ever, this game is waaaay too rushed I mean in comparison SC2 has technically been in development for 10 years while this game has been in development for a little over 1 year and is already coming out...so Im honestly not expecting much since EA loves shoving the crap out ...unless you like parachuting bears :p

BTW Red Alert was my first RTS game so I really do love the series, but C&C Generals and C&C 3 could have been so much better

Search red alert 3 and find the closed beta thread I posted, i did a small write up on it with some pics.

The beta i was in was a closed beta strj, so i don't know if you can play any beta versions now. Try google.

This is basically a dumbed down generals. It's beign put out for the sole purpose of making some cash, and shutting up the people who've been yelling about a RA:3 for years.

I was really disappointed because RA was one of the best rts games I'd ever played, and 2 was almost as good.

The funny part is apparently it's using the C&C3 engine (according to gabb) but it doesn't have all the funtionality or looks.
You couldn't orient building direction at all, there was no terrain damage from shells (i don't even mean deformation, I meant no black marks at all. Though this could have just been a beta thing) The units and buildings were much lower quality, plus the retarded cartoon yellow outline.

The only thing it had goign for it, was the environment looked good. Water was nice.

I'll probably get it from mr torrence because I've always loved the live acting in the campaign movies. They've always been so good haha XD So even if the game sucks the between mission cutscenes will make playing through once worth it.

if it looks anything like the beta pics that were posted here i won't be getting it.

graphics of RA2 were good, but these ones are cartoony n crappy...i hope they've redone them :(

Not too thrilled about the Japanese faction. Would have preferred the basic Allies vs. Soviets. Yuri's side at least made sense, but now all the sudden some Asian empire pops out of nowhere.

I just want everyone to know, if they don't know already, mark my words, Starcraft 2 will without a DOUBT be the biggest RTS game in history in terms of scale and sales. 10 years+ in development, making it the longest developed game of all time ( that actually IS going to come out ), and Blizzard themselves stated the game has no maximum budget ( their loaded with money anyways ). Yes...completely unrelated...but Im a big big starcraft fan and just had to blurt this out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom