Re-routing email

Status
Not open for further replies.

philb101

In Runtime
I have a client who wants to access his work emails when working from home with his laptop
The laptop is configured for the works network (where he usually gets his mail)
At home he has a PC with Broadband connection & a "Home" email account, the PC is standalone with no switch/router

Is it easier for him to set up a new account on his home PC with the Work email address & Pop3 details or configure his Laptop for Internet access via the Home ISP
So he can Send mail, in the smtp box will he need to put the smtp server of his home ISP & the password to his home ISP account or can he use the works smtp

Thanks for any help

I suggest using two different clients for the two different accounts. I find it easier to manage. You'll want to reply/forward/send on the same account that the mail came in on. This is possible with using just one client but its been my experience that its better just to use two different clients.

anyways, yea, it'll be possible as long as the work's email server is accessible from the inet. Just setup the account the same way it is at his work.

Or you can just have all of your emails forwarded to work while saving a copy on the server so you can access it any time.

Just be sure to keep up with your storage usage/max and delete files as necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom